Netgear R7800 IPTV Passthrough

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
HediSIX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 19:41    Post subject: Netgear R7800 IPTV Passthrough Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I am looking for someone familiar with Bouygues BBOX configuration that could help with the IPTV setup.

To give you an idea, my ISP provided 2 devices: a router and a TVbox. The router is handling my internet connection, and I only have my personal router Netgear R7800 connected to it. I use the R7800 to manage my network, DHCP, WIfi, etc.
The TVbox is connected downstream of the R7800.
Everything worked well util I updated the router last weekend with ddwrt r46259. Now the TV is not passing through and I can't find a way to make it work again. All connections are still the same.

I have the IGMP snooping activated on the br0 and the TVbox in the DMZ (not sure if this helps). I must be missing something...

Any help would be apreciated Wink
Sponsor
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2021 23:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Uncheck "Filter Multicast" under the Security Tab. DMZ isn't needed.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
HediSIX
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, thanks for the help.
I have tried doing this but it did not work.

I have finally made it work but I can't understand the logic: There is an option to connect the 2 ISP boxes (router and TV) directly via WIFI. I am reluctant to use the ISP router WIFI as I do not want it to be on top of the R7800 WIFI.
Anyway, this was obviously working as it bypass the R7800 router. However, I then tried to deactivate the ISP router Wifi and reconnected the TV box under the R7800 and it is now working (no change in settings in ddwrt)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: