192.168.1.1/apply.cgi not found! Please help!! [SOLVED]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MadDogDH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 20:30    Post subject: 192.168.1.1/apply.cgi not found! Please help!! [SOLVED] Reply with quote
Managed to flash router twice generally working fine (version 03-24-2021 -r46166 -r8000) and can see firmware using the IP address. When I change Wireless SSID then click save I get ... "Can't reach this page".

Then have to reboot router to get back into firmware. Try something else and get similar failures with other addresses. Some kind of universal problem. Rebooted and reset router many times, no change.

Tried searching wiki. Surely others have had this problem.
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Save and apply are two different buttons, so I want to make sure which you are referring too.

The other question I have is are you doing this over wired or wireless?

The build thread does not seem to mention anything about this so I am thinking it is something specific to your config/system.

what browser/system are you using, have you tried different builds or browsers?
MadDogDH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
First WildLion, many thanks for your response.

I changed a Network name and clicked "save".

I was using Edge. I cleared cache two or three times while i was trying things and rebooted the router and PC. I did not try another browser, nor a another build. The same thing was happening when i applied the .chk file. I then applied the .bin file and although some of the issues cleared, the issues i described remained.

The url was 192.168.1.1/apply.cgi so i thought maybe, although i have not found anything suggesting it, that i should be accessing the firmware with an app.

Many thanks.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
It's because you're likely:

1) using a Chromium-based browser
2) not in private browsing mode
3) co-mingling your internet browsing with webUI access

Waterfox Classic, FF ESR (Portable preferred), Pale Moon (Portable preferred), IE or Safari in private browsing mode with no extensions loaded.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
yes as kernel panic said try the browser tips.

The other thing is make sure you are wired.

The network name should not cause an issue but if you are wireless (just like if you change the ip addresses) then you disconnect.

Is SSID getting saved in this case (or other options)? Otherwise can you try a different build? It is possible that the nvram chip you have may have some bad blocks.
MadDogDH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Many thanks to kernal-panic69 and Wildlion!! I will try these suggestions as soon as i can and post back with results. Wow, so nice to reach out for help and to get it. So appreciative!

Have a great day.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pale Moon (52), Waterfox (Latest 78, Classic 56), Firefox ESR 78 Portable or Firefox ESR Legacy (68/52/45)
MadDogDH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Success!
I had everything right but as suggested, was using the wrong browser. I installed Waterfox and all issues cleared up.

Waterfox was the perfect solution!

Although it was probably there, I never found that in the wiki anywhere. But then, did not know to search to search for Waterfox specifically.

HUGE Thank you!!!!

Have a great day!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: