New Build - 06/01/2021 - r46836

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:15    Post subject: New Build - 06/01/2021 - r46836 Reply with quote
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.

Downloads: (DD-WRT website) HTTPS & FTP (try another if a link does not work)

CLI Flash: 'cd /tmp' then 'wget {file URL}' (or 'curl -k {file URL} -o {file}') with http (not https) or ftp. Then 'write {file} linux'.

Repository: Trac SVN changelog since last build r46816 (GitHub mirror)

Notes:
OpenVPN 2.5.2: Guides, Server, PBR, Reverse PBR, Client (see second post), Kill Switch, update tips, scripts and more.
WireGuard 1.0.20210219/Tools: Guides, Client, Server, Advanced, PBR, KS, update tips, scripts & more. Thanks BS & egc!
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix (applicability depends on VPN setup) and GUI toggle since r41813.
SmartDNSMiniDLNA • Unbound 1.13.1 • CoovaChilli 1.6 • Tor 0.4.5.8 • OpenSSL 1.1.1k • Dnsmasq 2.85 • Privoxy 3.0.32
In-kernel Samba (ksmbd 3.3.9+): default min/max versions changed. • WSD updateANTFS/NTFS3 kernel mode driver++.
CVE-2020-26147, CVE-2020-24586, CVE-2020-24587 & CVE-2020-24588 (Fragattack) fixed.
• "Assign WAN port to Switch" feature removed to be reworked in future release: 46782

Issues:
• Show us your findings with steps to reproduce, configuration, output, logs and important information below!

Important:
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.

Example Template:
Code:
[b]Router/Version: [/b]
[b]File/Kernel: [/b]
[b]Previous/Reset: [/b]
[b]Mode/Status: [/b]
[b]Issues/Errors: [/b]
Sponsor
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded WRT1200AC v1's from r46816 to r46836 using Brave 1.10.97 (64-bit) running on Linux Mint 20.1 OS hardwired via Cat6.

Successful update and reboot. No reset, nothing disabled prior to update, uptime approx 2+ hrs, wired/wireless connected, vpn up immediately (Expressvpn). I do not use NAS. SFE, QoS and IPv6 are always disabled. OpenVPN client/DNSMasq and radios always enabled. I do not have any Apple devices.

Kernel Version Linux 4.9.269 #2636 SMP Tue Jun 1 02:53:24 +07 2021 armv7l

No issues with a routine update session.
pbphoto
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 16:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed my 1900ACSv1 via CLI from 44048. I did not reset to factory defaults this time. No issues with the upgrade.

Linksys WRT1900ACS
wlan0 - channel 149 +U6, WPA2-personal AES.
wlan1 - channel 11, 20mhz, WPA2-personal AES

Primary clients used for testing:
iPhone SE 2020 - IOS 14.6
iphone 8 - IOS 14.5.1

Problem #1: This build ran for about an hour before the usual problems started. Wifi hangups on mobile devices - the two iphones listed above in this case. i've seen it on macos on other builds. This problem started happening 10 months ago with 44085. Wifi remains connected but traffic stops flowing. Happened on both iphones at the same time at 8:04 in the logs. logs and dmesg attached.

Problem #2 - Process dump - same as with build 46750 but different than the dumps that were happening after 46069 and before 46750. dmesg attached.

Problem #3: GUI is slow to respond - even with firefox. Then it will be snappy for a minute or two, then hang up again. Makes it tough to troubleshoot #1 and #2.

Went back to 44048 which is the last good release if you have Apple devices (and possibly others) in your environment. Something broke starting with 44085.

Linksys WRT1900ACSv1: router operating mode, hardwired ethernet lan to a WRT3200ACM. WIFI: 2.4ghz: NG-mixed, 20mhz channel width, channel 11, WPA2-CCMP-128. 5ghz: AC/N mixed, 80mhz channel width, channel 149+upper, WPA2-CCMP-128.

Clients: Apple MACOS x 4, IOS x 4, Apple TV, Chromecast Audio x 2, Eufy doorbells, Lutron Caseta, Axis Camera, Samsung TV, Nest thermostat, EtekCity outlets (Espressif)..
Fonzi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
WRT1900ACSv2
Coming from 46816
Config retained

I'm not having the same problems as pbphoto on this build. I still have the issue with the Spoofing messages from the PI4, being connected to both Wifi and Ethernet (Eth=static).
As BS stated in a comment to my crashes on previous builds - this was about the number of leases being used up, and the kernel error being due to that. I have not changed any Apple configs in my infrastructure, but then again - they don't throw the spoofing messages into my DMESG - only the Raspberry does.

My Samsung S9+ which stopped completely in previous builds, has so far not stopped. (18H uptime) But it still starts out really fast (500Mb/s on Speedtest up/down), saturating my internet line - and after a couple of hours, its reduced to ca 20 Mbits up/down.

When it comes to Kernel crashes, I have not experienced them, since 46772 which was the build that BS stated he had made some changes to prevent them.

Notably I don't have the "ieee80211 phy0: Stop BA <MAC-ADDRESS>" messages anymore, that pbphoto's log if filled up with.

UPDATE:The S9 wifi stops entirely on this build as well. Just later.....

UPDATE2: Something is still rotten in the state of Denmark....
After 24H uptime - windows clients loose the DNS. Ping 8.8.8.8 works - but ping Google.com does not. Browser clients (obviously) cannot connect to anything. Interestingly ping 8.8.8.8 + google.com works on terminal on the router.
The syslog states for my Raspberry "not giving name rasp4 to the DHCP lease of 192.168.2.105 because the name exists in /etc/hosts with address 192.168.2.204 with a timestamp of June 2nd at 18:01. The only problem with that, is that I turned of the wifi interface of the PI (192.168.2.105) some 15 Hours earlier. (..yes - double checked that)

DMESG for this happening seems, well..empty. It did'nt produce any messages after I tested the PI on wifi+ether, and it produced the spoof-message. That was yesterday. After that nothing!

Last edited by Fonzi on Wed Jun 02, 2021 16:37; edited 2 times in total
chong67
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have WRT3200 and build 46690

I have S20 and S21 and after a few hours, it just stop working on the WiFi.

Can I turn on the log and look for something? I am new.

I have never downgrade and I want to try build 44048. Is there anything I have to do like reset to default? Thx.
Fonzi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
chong67 wrote:
I have WRT3200 and build 46690

Can I turn on the log and look for something? I am new.

Assuming you ask about log for the Router, that is described several places here. What I do:
1. Enable SSHd in services menu
2. Login with Putty or SSH - username is "root" - password the same as you set for the router.
3. Run DMESG and redirect to a file ("dmesg > dmesg.txt")
4. Run WinSCP - login to router and download "dmesg.txt" and var/log/messages (Enable syslog for this)

You can upload those files here - and may get some help.

For the S20/21 - I dont know if it is the same as on my S9. But what I did, was enabling developer options, enable extended logging of Wifi. Additionally I turned off Wifi Scan Throttling, and Wifi Mac address randomization. Also added a static address for the S9 - and configured it to use that. Its fairly stable - but eventually requires a wifi restart to stay connected.

As stated Apples work fine here now - so it seems the problem has been transferred to Samsung...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: