LG K92 5G Unable to USB Tether - Linksys EA6900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Madrig88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 20:41    Post subject: LG K92 5G Unable to USB Tether - Linksys EA6900 Reply with quote
Good Afternoon!

First, I want to state that if I am posting this in the wrong section, please feel free to move this to where it needs to go.

I am attempting to set up an LG K92 5G phone as a USB Tethering modem for my router. It will register on the phone that it is plugged into the router USB port.

The phone offers the ability to enable "USB Tethering" in the settings. Once I enable it, I follow the instructions on using the USB Modem as WAN Connection page. At step 8-5, I get an error:

Code:
root@DD-WRT:/lib/modules/4.4.262# ifconfig usb0 up
ifconfig: ioctl 0x8913 failed: No such device

I did follow another thread and upgraded to the latest beta build, performing a complete reset and everything. The same issue continues to occur.

In the same thread I followed the link to update drivers using OpenWRT. The person in that thread apparently gave up with their device, however, I think its genuinely a missing driver as the phone is relatively new(released: September 29, 2020)

The list on the Mobile Broadband page does not have the phone listed, so I was hoping someone could look to see if it could be processed accordingly. On that same page, it gave a list of criteria that needed to be met in order to implement these drivers.

Here it is:

T: Bus=01 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=01 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=480 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 2.10 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS=64 #Cfgs= 2
P: Vendor=1004 ProdID=633e Rev= 4.19
S: Manufacturer=LGE
S: Product=LM-K920

If there is another solution to this problem, or more information is required, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for looking into this.

Last edited by Madrig88 on Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:20; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
Madrig88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Upgraded to DD-WRT v3.0-r46166 std (03/24/21), still experiencing the same issue.

Any way to get this resolved? Thanks.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
phones need special drivers or are using some sort of usbnet drivers. i dont know how to get your phone to work since i have no instructions for i nor to i have such a phone. so find instructions how to use it on linux, then i may be able to help

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
What flavor of Linux would you need? The website for LG has drivers for Windows and Mac. I'm not exactly sure where I can start.
Madrig88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a Linux Mint Machine and all I have to do is plug it in and select "USB Tethering" in the settings on the phone and it allows USB Tethering in Linux Mint, as well as rasbian. As far as I can tell, no other drivers were required, unless it auto-magically installed them.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
It doens't necessarily matter which flavor of linux, it would just be required to know what kernel driver modules have to be loaded for it to work. Most Android phones are much the same on the requirements. Doing an 'lsmod' via a shell prompt on your Linux system will most likely give you a hint. They are automatically loaded, usually.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: