Using entware and/or debian to run a different Samba Server

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
mattjfraser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 19:57    Post subject: Using entware and/or debian to run a different Samba Server Reply with quote
I have a WRT1900ACv2 currently running DD-WRT 08-02-2020_r44048.
Instead of using the "In-kernel Samba", which broke my router based NAS, is anyone using entware and/or debian to run a different/older Samba Server?
I would like to run the older Samba Server that was previously used in the DD-WRT; 12-29-2019_r41813 for example. Does anyone know the entware opkg package or debian apt package?
ntfs-3G will work for mounting the hard drives I was using. I had QTY 2 USB3 5TB drives connected to a USB3 hub that connected to the router USB3 port. It all worked well for my basic needs.
Please let me know if anyone else is using a setup like this.
Otherwise, I guess I could open my wallet and buy a nice NAS. In that case, I would want it to run a plex server and some other stuff.

Thanks,
M.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: