double sided thermal transfer tape for R7800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
johnnyNobody999
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 20:54    Post subject: double sided thermal transfer tape for R7800 Reply with quote
I've been looking into options to try to make my R7800 run cooler. It doesn't look like there's much room for adding a fan inside the case. But I have noticed that the manufacturer was using some kind of grayish looking tape that is on top of the radios and it looks like the tape comes in contact with a heatsink that's mounted to the case cover. I was wondering if a different kind of conductive tape would be more efficient. I'm considering thermal paste but that would be messy. I have tried using one of those laptop pads with cooling fans but they tend to be noisy. Any ideas?

Last edited by johnnyNobody999 on Sun Feb 28, 2021 22:47; edited 3 times in total
Sponsor
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Those are thermal pads; search around there are many of different size, thickness and thermal conductivity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: