HELP for @IR Lan WR150 Router

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
b_ignatov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 13:32    Post subject: HELP for @IR Lan WR150 Router Reply with quote
Hello there,
Can someone help me to recognize this router here.It's called @IR Lan and has some fork of DD-WRT as a stock firmware.Acttually this is my very old ISP's router which collect dust in my drawer and I'am not able to find any info about it.My question of coures is........whether I can re-flash it with "original dd-wrt" Smile because the present version is very limited.
As you can see on the pics, the router has RT3350 Ralink SoC.

Sponsor
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 14:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
if you find the device which is identical in our builds it might be possible. i have seen this pcb already in the past. but cannot remember

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 14:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
create full flashdump for me. maybe i can find out which device is the base for

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
create full flashdump for me. maybe i can find out which device is the base for

Ok but......I do't know how to do it Embarassed .I'm ready to experimenting even if i brick this device.
Do I need a serial cable and telnet conection to create flashdump?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
if you login with telnet or ssh, you can check the flash partitions by doing

cat /proc/mtd

there should be several partitions displayed

you can dump then by cat /dev/mtdblock0 > /tmp/mtdblock0.bin (0 is just the index of the partitions, there should be more than 1). you dont need to dump the partition named "nvram" this contains your settings.

now you can use winscp to copy the bin file from /tmp/ to your local pc. then send this data with email to me.
-----
if there is no ssh or telnet login possible since the company has removed this feature we have to use some different tricks which are more complicated.

If it doesn't allow telnet or ssh, then you would need to figure out how to connect the serial interface and use that.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
b_ignatov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 17:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

if you login with telnet or ssh, you can check the flash partitions by doing

cat /proc/mtd

-----
if there is no ssh or telnet login possible since the company has removed this feature we have to use some different tricks which are more complicated.

If it doesn't allow telnet or ssh, then you would need to figure out how to connect the serial interface and use that.

I tried ssh/telnet to the router but without any success......may be they are cut of from the firmware.As I understand, my last chance is to connect by serial interface don't I? I'll be so thankful if someone just give me a tip for this procedure.I know that I need may be some serial cable and soldering points on the PCB but how to find out those points?
Thanks in advance and I hope so to success Smile
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 17:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you check under services / administration tabs in the webUI to see if telnet or ssh was enabled? I would check that first, and if they aren't, enable them and then use PuTTY or similar client to remote into the router with user/password.

Serial connection can be tricky without knowing the SoC. Perhaps BrainSlayer can add some information here, but I would look for a 4- or 5-pin header (holes). I see the 4 holes on the top right of the one picture, but I am not sure what that is for. Usually, a multimeter would help determine the connections.

----------------------
b_ignatov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 18:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Did you check under services / administration tabs in the webUI to see if telnet or ssh was enabled?

Yes I did.
Unfortunately the tabs and services are missing here. I know where they are, because I have couple more routers with DD-WRT.
kernel-panic69 wrote:

Serial connection can be tricky without knowing the SoC. Perhaps BrainSlayer can add some information here, but I would look for a 4- or 5-pin header (holes). I see the 4 holes on the top right of the one picture, but I am not sure what that is for. Usually, a multimeter would help determine the connections.

That's sounds interesting. I have a multimeter, soldering tool and a great desire to do it Smile
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Happy Reading:

Finding serial port on router PCB with multimeter (Google Search Results)

----------------------
b_ignatov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Happy Reading:

Finding serial port on router PCB with multimeter (Google Search Results)

Hello again! Thanks for your materials first.....I've learned a lot Smile Now I Know How to identify all the pins for UART/Serial connection!Actually I know that I need to find out Tx(Transmit),Rx(Received),Vcc(3.3V) and CDN(Ground) pins of the PCB.It's look very easy.....of all examples.All the PCB have four pins in a row, even some of them are marked.Unfortunatly in my case I have couple pins in the top right posision marked in red and three more as triangle near the chip.....marked in blue.When I measure those in the right top....one of them is 5.07V, the other one is GDN and the rest of them nothing.Not changing even when the router boot and transmit information from bootloader to serial port.Those three point in blue........two of them constantly 3.3V and the third one is GDN.That's mean that the pins are not marked on this PCB and I'm not able to find them.I really need some profesional help please!
Just to say that today I bought USB-UART(TTL) convertor, and I'm ready to use it Smile

kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm curious to see what the other side of the PCB looks like. Those three in blue might be the ones you need, but the only way to tell is to try connecting to them. Just remember, you don't need the Vcc connection, it will fry the PCB and/or the adapter.

This wiki should give you some idea of how to get the console going. Keep in mind, the baud rate may need adjustment, but otherwise, it should help.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery

----------------------
b_ignatov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 21:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
I'm curious to see what the other side of the PCB looks like. Those three in blue might be the ones you need, but the only way to tell is to try connecting to them. Just remember, you don't need the Vcc connection, it will fry the PCB and/or the adapter.

This wiki should give you some idea of how to get the console going. Keep in mind, the baud rate may need adjustment, but otherwise, it should help.

May be you are right.Those three points are mine Smile
I said that one of them is GND......but sometimes RX is short out to ground.....Am I wright?One of those 3.3V actually is not so constant under booting the system.Also I know that I need only RX,TX and GND.....no need 3.3V.
I'll try to solder some pins.....but is too late in my country and may be will continue tomorow.
Just wish me suuccess Smile
b_ignatov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
No luck again! I've tried all the pins......but nothing happened.I need some expert to find the points Smile Just to say that I tried and another old router TPLink WR740N conected by Serial/UART........and was so easy when you know the points Smile .I've used Putty and when I turn the router on.....I saw the U-boot version and many other things.Very intersting.Now I know that my USB/Serial convertor works great......but don't know the pins of PCB.
Please HELP....and thanks in advance for your patience.

Also.......sorry for my bad english!
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you try adjusting the baud rate to see if it was just a matter of PuTTY configuration? Without seeing the other side of the PCB, that's the only other suggestion I have at this point.

----------------------
b_ignatov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Did you try adjusting the baud rate to see if it was just a matter of PuTTY configuration? Without seeing the other side of the PCB, that's the only other suggestion I have at this point.

Yes I'did.I tried 9600, 57600 and 115200.
Back side of the PCB there are a 3 points together but they are so small......I can't even measure them with my MM.There is one more to "C50" which has 3.22V constantly

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 3
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: