Posted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 13:57 Post subject: New Build - 02/08/2021 - r45711
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and device specific recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI, but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. #6246
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices(only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work
in some configurations for certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
• VAPs not working at bootfixed for unbridged VAPs in 40562 - 40566.Effective startup commandsdiscussion thread is here.
• If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay, e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25'.
• Broadcom ARM devices missing 5GHz channels, via Telnet/SSH: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'nvram reboot'
• For issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, klog, serial, strace, tcpdump, wireshark etc.
• Any firewall NAT or WAN issues, show output: 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search SVN tickets & discuss in forum before opening. Before reporting: reset & manually set up, not restore from a backup.
• Please include operating & wireless modes (e.g. Gateway, Router, AP, CB, WDS, Mesh) & relevant configuration information.
Router/Version: Netgear R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r45711 std (02/08/21)
Kernel: Linux 4.4.255 #1988 SMP Sun Feb 7 10:48:36 +06 2021 armv7l
Mode/Status: Gateway / working
Issues/Errors: Working well so far.
Upgrade: via web UI, no issues
Temperatures: CPU 66.4 °C / WL0 46.5 °C / WL1 52.5 °C
If you have time please try a hardware reset, or alternatively nvram erase && reboot from telnet as root.
Then manually reconfigure the router from scratch. Do not restore from an nvram or configuration backup.
Router Model: Netgear R8000
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45711 (02/08/21)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.255 #1996 SMP Mon Feb 8 10:14:08 +06 2021 armv7l
Previous Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r45592
Services: samba, wireguard client, openvpn client, dhcp, wifi 2.4 ghz, usb, nas
Updated: via webgui
Issues: can access usb from internet explorer form Windows 7 computer hardwired to a lan port to the router. There is the message: this folder is empty. I cannot access the folder from the television; the message: No stored files found
Reset: yes and nvram erase && reboot from ssh
Temperatures: CPU 47.5 °C
Errors: as reported in the syslog below
Feb 9 17:20:04 DD-WRT daemon.err httpd: httpd : Request Error Code 408: No request appeared within a reasonable time period.
Feb 9 17:29:38 DD-WRT daemon.err openvpn: event_wait : Interrupted system call (code=4)
Feb 9 17:40:25 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/9746]: ERROR: Can't open `/tmp/ksmbd.subauth': No such file or directory
Feb 9 17:40:25 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/9747]: ERROR: Can't open `/tmp/smb.db': No such file or directory
Feb 9 17:40:25 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/9747]: ERROR: User database file does not exist. Only guest sessions (if permitted) will work.
Feb 9 17:43:35 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2: Terminated received.
Feb 9 17:43:47 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send
My diagnosis of the NAS problem: the file sharing path is /mnt; there should also be this path which is in the older builds, /mnt/sda1; I believe it originates from /tmp/mnt/sda1 but I can be wrong. I do not know how to point the path to /mnt/sda1.
Also when you click on the share folder on the network from internet explorer in Windows 7 you get three (3) subfolders, sda1, sda5 and sda6; all empty. I believe they all originate from the Driver manager from /dev/sda1, /dev/sda5 and /dev/sda6
This was quite a lot of work as I rekeyed everything manually.
Joined: 16 Mar 2019 Posts: 174 Location: Szczecin, Poland EU
Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 15:43 Post subject: New Build - 02/08/2021 - r45711
Router: Netgear WNR3500L v2
Kernel: Linux 4.4.255 #6733 Mon Feb 8 16:54:51 +06 2021 mips
Mode: Internet gateway, WIFI AP, Dnsmasq server
Errors: "kern.warn kernel: br0: received packet on eth1 with own address as source address" That problem is exist and appear many times.
Uptime: ~45 h
I'm update device via ssh. Generally router is working rather good. I don't see any significant problem. Problem with MACs that I don't know how to fix it.