¿DD-WRT Firmware Update Dynex DX-Ruter?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
MIDAPMI
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:45    Post subject: ¿DD-WRT Firmware Update Dynex DX-Ruter? Reply with quote
I have currently a small router to make bridge between 10mts to my house, i have currently the "DD-WRT v24-sp2 (01/02/10) std-nokaid" firmware "dd-wrt.v24-13577_NEWD-2_std-nokaid.bin".

This device uses Broacomm with 4 mb ram 32mb flash
There a one image:




Exist last firmware stable for this. I have smallest issue with wpa-wpa2 psk encryption on this and show bad the signal, tx rate etc



Sin título.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  293.03 KB
 Viewed:  739 Time(s)

Sin título.png


Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 9046
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am going to presume this uses a 2.6 kernel firmware image. If it's a 2.6 kernel firmware image, then the dd-wrt.v24-45667_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin from the most recent release should be okay. Nobody has reported on this router, so I can't be entirely sure, but there were many builds that had issues and some that were quite broken for some time last year.
_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines & Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
MIDAPMI
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
I am going to presume this uses a 2.6 kernel firmware image. If it's a 2.6 kernel firmware image, then the dd-wrt.v24-45667_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin from the most recent release should be okay. Nobody has reported on this router, so I can't be entirely sure, but there were many builds that had issues and some that were quite broken for some time last year.

Lol i'm bricked my router with the version that you says, the lan show well and blink power led but doesn't start always blink lan work but not detect dhcp any form to unbrick?. Bricked via web update ddwrt interface. Updated says correctly but when reboot the router never run and still bricked
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 9046
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Are you sure it's not just soft bricked? Did you try a hard reboot via power cycle? What browser did you use to flash it?

Did you even check the router status page to see what kernel version it is running before you flashed? Wasn't my intention to brick you. Looking at the CPU, I suspect that it may not have been a 2.6 kerel image that was on the router.

Not sure if this one is recoverable via tftp, but that is probably where I would start. You will need the stock firmware image, though.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tftp_flash

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_bad_flash

Otherwise, getting the information on what pins are for the serial or JTAG header on the circuit board will be required and then you'll have to do serial recovery or JTAG.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/JTAG_pinouts

https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.jtag

https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.jtag.cables

_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines & Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Dwarden
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 26 Jan 2009
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
best practice shall be to not recommended any firmware w/o the asking person first to post page / log with details about kernel and the hardware ...

saves headache later
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 9046
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dwarden wrote:
best practice shall be to not recommended any firmware w/o the asking person first to post page / log with details about kernel and the hardware ...

saves headache later


Thank you for that bit of rhetorical wisdom. I actually re-wrote my first post in response because of the "NEWD-2" mentioned in the OP. None of the 2.4 kernel images have that in the filename that I am aware of, so it seemed to be a safe assumption on my part.

FWIW, I still have to check with my guinea pig E4200v1 to see if there's another problem with the 2.6 kernel images flashing and booting again so I can report it to the developer.

P.S. The OP references a build that is not listed here: https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2010/ ... good thing I wear full body armor for those who decide to point and shoot at the messenger after the fact.

_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines & Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
MIDAPMI
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Are you sure it's not just soft bricked? Did you try a hard reboot via power cycle? What browser did you use to flash it?

Did you even check the router status page to see what kernel version it is running before you flashed? Wasn't my intention to brick you. Looking at the CPU, I suspect that it may not have been a 2.6 kerel image that was on the router.

Not sure if this one is recoverable via tftp, but that is probably where I would start. You will need the stock firmware image, though.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Tftp_flash

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Recover_from_a_bad_flash

Otherwise, getting the information on what pins are for the serial or JTAG header on the circuit board will be required and then you'll have to do serial recovery or JTAG.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Serial_Recovery

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/JTAG_pinouts

https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.jtag

https://openwrt.org/docs/techref/hardware/port.jtag.cables


ahaha sorry i know perfectly that you have the intention to help, the errors can be appears. not problem

i tried to make reset etc but not reset and not dhcp.

to recover i tried tftp in to static ip 192.168.1.1 and done! rollbacked sucessfully i know to work but i no have the advanced programming accesories.

Is secure to try again into web interface or directly via tftp?
MIDAPMI
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Dwarden wrote:
best practice shall be to not recommended any firmware w/o the asking person first to post page / log with details about kernel and the hardware ...

saves headache later


Thank you for that bit of rhetorical wisdom. I actually re-wrote my first post in response because of the "NEWD-2" mentioned in the OP. None of the 2.4 kernel images have that in the filename that I am aware of, so it seemed to be a safe assumption on my part.

FWIW, I still have to check with my guinea pig E4200v1 to see if there's another problem with the 2.6 kernel images flashing and booting again so I can report it to the developer.

P.S. The OP references a build that is not listed here: https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2010/ ... good thing I wear full body armor for those who decide to point and shoot at the messenger after the fact.


Work well the 2010 but i don't sure, because the web interface before soft brick i updated from web interface and i get response that update sucessfully after reboot the router don't assign dhcp and not work.

----------

I recovered sucessfully asign static ip to 192.168.1.100 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 because dhcp no assign router compared with oldest softbricks.

unplug router and tftp the "dd-wrt.v24-13577_NEWD-2_std-nokaid.bin" 192.168.1.1 wait immediately when lan appears connected send the firmware.

I says bricked above due my router have the ip and i rollbacked from 192.168.0.1 in the firmware of the page database. when update to the last ddwrt firmware stable in the page that have wrong detection or no detection of the wireless saying "Mixed" and not emmit the wireless connection.

Any stable firmware for this?.

Postdata: I running the "dd-wrt.v24-13577_NEWD-2_std-nokaid.bin" Without connections problem but have problem of info in the webpage and doesn't take the wpa or wpa2 in psk or aes, just says the password is incorrectly.
MIDAPMI
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dwarden wrote:
best practice shall be to not recommended any firmware w/o the asking person first to post page / log with details about kernel and the hardware ...

saves headache later


not is my fault due when not requested any info about the kernel or hardware before try ¿True?.


according to telnet in 192.168.1.1

uname -r

____ ___ __ ______ _____ ____ _ _
| _ \| _ \ \ \ / / _ \_ _| __ _|___ \| || |
|| | || ||____\ \ /\ / /| |_) || | \ \ / / __) | || |_
||_| ||_||_____\ V V / | _ < | | \ V / / __/|__ _|
|___/|___/ \_/\_/ |_| \_\|_| \_/ |_____| |_|

DD-WRT v24-sp2
http://www.dd-wrt.com

==========================================================


BusyBox v1.13.4 (2010-01-02 09:12:47 CET) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

root@DD-WRT:~# uname -r
2.4.37
root@DD-WRT:~# Exit
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 9046
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try these; if the nokaid_generic bricks, try the nokaid_special_generic. It doesn't make sense to me that you have a "NEWD-2" filename but a 2.4 kernel, because if you look in all the "broadcom" folders, there are no files with "NEWD-2" as those were specifically for K2.6 AFAIK (?). Had I looked closer at the CPU chip knowing it was MIPSR1, I probably wouldn't have steered you wrong Embarassed Rolling Eyes

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2021/02-04-2021-r45677/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2021/02-04-2021-r45677/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_special_generic.bin

From this point forward, PLEASE explain what is 'wrong' with appropriately-sized screenshots so we know how to help you.

_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines & Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
MIDAPMI
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Try these; if the nokaid_generic bricks, try the nokaid_special_generic. It doesn't make sense to me that you have a "NEWD-2" filename but a 2.4 kernel, because if you look in all the "broadcom" folders, there are no files with "NEWD-2" as those were specifically for K2.6 AFAIK (?). Had I looked closer at the CPU chip knowing it was MIPSR1, I probably wouldn't have steered you wrong Embarassed Rolling Eyes

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2021/02-04-2021-r45677/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2021/02-04-2021-r45677/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_special_generic.bin

From this point forward, PLEASE explain what is 'wrong' with appropriately-sized screenshots so we know how to help you.


Okay first update perfect dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin but wireless doesn't work

While i test the other here a status router info

The special also the same to generic normal. says unknow in the speed, channel and wireless



Sin título.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  170.14 KB
 Viewed:  619 Time(s)

Sin título.jpg




Last edited by MIDAPMI on Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:45; edited 1 time in total
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 9046
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Let's try the old faithful from the Peacock Thread:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin

You are using an old Eko build that isn't even available anywhere anymore AFAIK.

Also for reference for Repeater configuration, if that is what you are using this router for:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wlan_Repeater

_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines & Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
MIDAPMI
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Let's try the old faithful from the Peacock Thread:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin

You are using an old Eko build that isn't even available anywhere anymore AFAIK.

Also for reference for Repeater configuration, if that is what you are using this router for:

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linking_Routers

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wlan_Repeater


Ok i will test, this router work perfectly as repeater. but 13577M build not connections drop or another issue
the only problem is the wpa 2 and another minimal issues like below WEP work perfectly, on original dynex work wpa perfect when i press button

Show N/A but work normally



Sin título.jpg
 Description:
also in wpa2 don't take passwords
 Filesize:  23.73 KB
 Viewed:  609 Time(s)

Sin título.jpg


MIDAPMI
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 04 Feb 2021
Posts: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Let's try the old faithful from the Peacock Thread:

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2010/08-12-10-r14929/broadcom/dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin

You are using an old Eko build that isn't even available anywhere anymore AFAIK.
/Wlan_Repeater


Doesn't work. Show the detailed hardware photo and the problem. in last that you are sended me appears the mixed B/G B only and bgn mixed etc but all others appears unknow

I will be keep this build, not work wpa2 and wpa and wrong rate info channel etc. but work network perfectly.

Chips


dd-wrt.v24_nokaid_generic.bin
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 08 May 2018
Posts: 9046
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
On 14929 (8/12/10), what are your wireless basic and advanced settings? Post screenshots, but PLEASE do not post huge images as they skew the format of the page. You can use imgur or another image hosting site to post large hi-res images / image links if you must. You shouldn't need to reset when upgrading to a newer version.
_________________
Official Forum Rules, Guidelines & Helpful InformationFirmware FAQInstallation WikiWhere Do I Download Firmware?
DON'T use Chromium-based browsersRTFM/STFW TL;DR is NOT an excuse. • Why Should I Care What Color the Bikeshed Is?
Please DO NOT PM me with questions; Ask in the forum. ---------------------- Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum