R9000 VLAN capability and Wifi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
honeybadger88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 21:25    Post subject: R9000 VLAN capability and Wifi Reply with quote
Hi, long time lurker finally posting.

I have an R9000 and would like to use VLAN to segment IoT devices. Factory netgear firmware will not allow this so I think dd-wrt is solution with said hardware.

Question 1: Can I setup VLAN for not just the physical ports but Wifi Radio?

Question 2: To clarify I want all the IoT on subnet 192.168.2.x and rest of home network on 192.168.1.x but there are IoT and home devices which both use wifi 2.4/5.0Ghz radio. So is this possible to VLAN and segment them apart?

Thanks
Sponsor
Impovich
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 21:43    Post subject: Re: R9000 VLAN capability and Wifi Reply with quote
honeybadger88 wrote:

Question 1: Can I setup VLAN for not just the physical ports but Wifi Radio?

There is an "Add Virtual AP" button under the Wireless tab. It will do everything you want. Btw there is a wiki for this also.
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Multiple_WLANs

honeybadger88 wrote:

Question 2: To clarify I want all the IoT on subnet 192.168.2.x and rest of home network on 192.168.1.x but there are IoT and home devices which both use wifi 2.4/5.0Ghz radio. So is this possible to VLAN and segment them apart?

You can create different Virtual APs for different wifi radios
honeybadger88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 22:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks I will read it and respond with follow up questions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: