Stable 5Ghz for WRT1200AC V2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
ramosel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 17:40    Post subject: Stable 5Ghz for WRT1200AC V2 Reply with quote
Gents... and ladies,
I'm a long time DD-WRT user going back to my WRT54G v2 days. I live in a big house strung out across a mountain side for about 300ft so I use a lot of wireless access points for a myriad of wireless devices. For years I used my Linksys devices as my primary router and WAPs. Years back I moved to pfSense and a NetGate appliance for my primary router but I've always kept Linksys/DD-WRT devices for my WAPs. I've never really been concerned with the 5Ghz band until now. I currently use (4) WRT1200AC V2 for my WAPS. I now need to make use of the 5Ghz,802.11ac, WPA3 and 802.11r with some iOS devices. Using current firmware, there just seems to be times when my 5Ghz signal disappears, won't connect, thinks there is MAC filtering, won't transfer, etc.. I've searched the forum looking for answers and found some similar but not exact concerns for this issue going back a couple of years... stability issues with certain builds.

I understand Sebastian's work on all the advanced router features and get the need for it (and have even donated to the cause over the years), I just use pfSense for those issues/needs/features now.

Is there a known good build wherein the dual band wireless/security is ROCK-Solid?

I have bounced one of my backup devices back to Factory and don't seem to see the problems, but I lose the reassign of the WAN port (needed). I've even bit my lip and tried OpenWRT again (hate the interface). I'd really like to keep DD-WRT on my WAPs, it's what I know, it's what I'm used to. I no longer need the advanced features of router nor it's customization features.

Any advice on a solid build would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick
Sponsor
surfguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
44048 seems to be the preferred build for the new wrt series, I have it on my wrt1200 v1 with no problems.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
08/02/2020 - r44048
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: