mdns-repeater build for WRT54GS v4?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ZeBelge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:06    Post subject: mdns-repeater build for WRT54GS v4? Reply with quote
Hi,

To make it straight forward: does anybody have a mdns-repeater build for MIPS (to use on my WRT54GS)?
If someone is able to build it, the source code is here: https://github.com/kennylevinsen/mdns-repeater/tree/1.11

If you want the whole story, here it is Very Happy :
I have a Linksys WRT3200ACM & a WRT54GS v4, both with dd-wrt.
This week, I tried to change my network configuration so that the WRT54GS would be in repeater bridge mode.
And everything works fine... except for the mDNS that does not goes out of my WTR54GS network, and I cannot access my Philips Hue, Apple TV, printer & so on from this subnet.

That's why I am trying to use mdns-repeater on this router. I followed all the instructions, managed to enable JFFS, and I uploaded the only build I could find, but it was for the MIPSEL (every other build links that I was able to find were down, since it was done 10 years ago Smile )

No surprise, this build doesn't work on my mips hardware...

So I tried to build it from the sources for mips, but all I have is a Mac with Big Sur, and I did not manage to install the compiler. And all that begins to be beyond my skills.

So if anyone has the build for the wrt54gs v4, or has the skills to compile it for me, I would be very grateful!!!
Sponsor
arssant
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi.

wrt65gs v4, 16/4 flash ram, 200mghz processor.
wrt54g series are solid rock as AP or even wireless client, but lack of ram/flash cpu, they choke under medium high load as repeater.
It´s a dead end to use it as repeater.
ZeBelge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I know...
That's why nearly all my devices are connected to the wrt3200ACM.
The only devices connected on the wrt54gs are:
- a connected pet door
- a netatmo weather station
- a roomba vaccum cleaner
- ... and my mobile phone when I happen to be in that part of the house / garden

So there's not much load, and the wrt54g does the job.

But it's frustrating not to be able to control the devices when I'm connected to that network (yes, there's quite some automation in my house Razz)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: