Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 16:37 Post subject: New Build - 01/15/2021 - r45454
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. 6246
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices(only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work in some configurations in certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
• VAPs not working at bootfixed for unbridged VAPs with r40564:40566.Workaround startup command:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas(there are a few alternatives, search).
• If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay (e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25').
• For Broadcom ARM devices missing 5GHz channels, via telnet/ssh: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'nvram reboot'
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, serial output, strace, tcpdump etc.
• For firewall NAT or WAN issues provide 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Joined: 21 Jan 2017 Posts: 1692 Location: Illinois Moderator
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 20:23 Post subject:
thanks for your replies and info
after the reset my phone performs really poorly when 2.4 id set to 40width and a roku wont connect to it
i don't think 2.4 GHz 40 width works right on the r7000p
i'm not sure the TurboQAM worked properly either
maybe that's why its not there
again, see the wifi wiki's about HT40 on 2.4ghz...
as far as qam on ht20, it only provides a very minor bump in speed on 1x1 and 2x2 stream radios... so very little advantage to using it, though on a 1x1 stream any help you can get... pixel is 2x2:2 stream. _________________ FORUM RULES
Upgrade: via web UI, TurboQAM missing on Asus AC3200 and the issue I've detailed below.
I still have the same issue as mentioned before.
Allowed IP's in VPN still has a limit of 1024 chars.
This restricts me from using the UI to fill my allowed IPs range and instead I have to manually do this on the router.
I'm basically compensating for the lack of a "Blocked IPs" or "Non-Allowed IPs" to allow both PBR and DBR tunnels to work hand in hand.
This is basically so: "For this one machine route all traffic through this VPN bar for this one website" and a separate DBR tunnel is in place for that one website for not only the PBR machine but the whole network.
I have a python script to print CIDR addresses covering the whole range of IPs for the whole internet minus the IPs for the DBR websites and the DBR websites defined DNSs. It comes to a total of 1214 chars which is quite small considering what it is.
Because of the arbitrary limit in the router GUI of 1024 I manually have to set it on the router and in a start-up script which is quite annoying.
Last edited by brrfpm on Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:18; edited 1 time in total