Working Solution to Archer C9 V1 - software only, no serial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
slowmotion
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:40    Post subject: Re: Working Solution to Archer C9 V1 - software only, no ser Reply with quote
FCHNimda wrote:
I know other people are looking for answers as well on this, I searched the forum but did not find it, so here it is, if this helped you please post a link to it so others can have a working DDWRT router based on the C9 V1 - It is a decent router. Also I think I attached a zip file with pertinent files not sure. PM me if you think I can help I guess. Listen up, I take no responsibility, my goal was just to get desert working. You guys likely know much better than I do which final build you want on this device (can some on tell me actually) Right now I have running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r44715 std (11/03/20) but I’m not sure this is best, perhaps someone can point out which version I should be running on these routers? I want to do all the things, VPN, Samba share, Firewalled Vlans and bridging vlans to individual switch ports in back, etc. with a standard build I was just playing around so that's what's in my upload but I think you can just put whatever version of ddwrt (as long as it’s a webflash for this router for step 5 ). I'm honestly not sure if my upgrade pathway leads to a reliable router perhaps some one can tell me or help to refine further what should happen after step 3 (like should I start with a newer factory to ddwrt bin, etc)

Thanks for all the effort you made to hack this thing out! I'm still using the tried-and-true C9v1 everyday for 7+ years with dd-wrt. Nice to know we still have a backup plan in case we screwed the router with official firmware.

Bravo to all the works you have done! Thanks!
Sponsor
Allizom
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 13:49    Post subject: Re: Working Solution to Archer C9 V1 - software only, no ser Reply with quote
Quote:

LONG time lurker, first time poster, and I came to say THANK YOU!!!

I've been waiting YEARS for this and was honestly about ready to trash my C9 v1. I downloaded your "STUFF" and followed your directions, and it went flawless!

Thanks again!!!

100% agreed. I've had the Archer C9 since it was originally released and needed this change to support VLANs an LAGGs without spending major bank on an enterprise WAP.

I have had issues with it though only showing supported speeds of 400Mbps. I was able to get this up to 866Mbps on the 5GHz channel by disabling the beamforming options, but it should at least say it supports 1300 Mbps. Any thoughts there? I'll be happy to start a new thread, as threadjacking is frowned upon.
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 14:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Glad that it is working for you and as this is the thread for upgrading the Archer please start a new thread about the wireless speed.

One note if your client is two stream (and almost all clients are) the theoretical speed is 866 Mb/s which translates to about 500 Mb/s throughput.

Some useful general information with helpful pointers:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: