Can't update firmware via web gui

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
AlphaCJ44
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:44    Post subject: Can't update firmware via web gui Reply with quote
Hello,
My hardware is belkin f7d3302 v1.

I just wanted to ask every time i need to update dd-wrt I use the web gui (firmware upgrade tab) for that, after clicking "upgrade" i receive the message upgrade successful, rebooting..., and baam... after reboot it's still the same firmware. The same issue with tftp.

In the end i have to use CFE to update the firmware.

Is this truly normal? Why can't i update via gui?

I can restore defaults settings via gui just fine but i can't upgrade the firmware.

Or is there a setting I am missing?

Regards!

Last edited by AlphaCJ44 on Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:46; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
In first step restore factory default on your router. Now start ssh service on actual DD-WRT version. Login to command line and update firmware. In the end of operation you have information about problem. For example: "File is too big". I have the same situation when firmware for my Netgear is too big or incorrect. I'm update via command line always.
AlphaCJ44
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
thommy181 wrote:
Login to command line and update firmware.

Thanks for your reply,

It's just that i forget to mention that i already tried flashing via command. This is the command right?

Code:

write [firmware_file_name.bin] linux

When i try this command, nothing happens, no error, and the router reboots immediately and firmware stays the same.
thommy181
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 13:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I use that command. Now I'm check dd-wrt info pages and I'm found this https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation#Method_3:_Flashing_with_Command_Line.
There is a information about command "write (flashfile) linux &" I'm not use this command. I know instruction without "&" mark on end. Next information about Belkin is - provider hint to update device via tftp always.
You should try that: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices#Belkin
feliciano
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 15:29    Post subject: Re: Can't update firmware via web gui Reply with quote
AlphaCJ44 wrote:
Hello,
My hardware is belkin f7d3302 v1.

I just wanted to ask every time i need to update dd-wrt I use the web gui (firmware upgrade tab) for that, after clicking "upgrade" i receive the message upgrade successful, rebooting..., and baam... after reboot it's still the same firmware. The same issue with tftp.

In the end i have to use CFE to update the firmware.

Is this truly normal? Why can't i update via gui?

Which builds have you tried? I don't recall having issues with that router (with stable builds) except requiring an extra reboot at the end if I choose reset to factory settings while flashing.

DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:13    Post subject: Re: Can't update firmware via web gui Reply with quote
feliciano wrote:

Which builds have you tried?

I am trying using beta builds, dd-wrt.v24-34311_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega_f7d3302.bin for example. There's no other issue besides not being able to upgrade ddwrt version via gui or tftp or command ssh, only works by cfe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: