Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 19:02 Post subject: New Build - 11/03/2020 - r44715
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. 6246
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices(only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work in some configurations in certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
• VAPs not working at bootfixed for unbridged VAPs with r40564:40566.Workaround startup command:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas(there are a few alternatives, search).
• If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay (e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25').
• For Broadcom ARM devices missing 5GHz channels, via telnet/ssh: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'nvram reboot'
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, serial output, strace, tcpdump etc.
• For firewall NAT or WAN issues provide 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r44719M Community Build (11/04/20)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.241 #1 SMP Wed Nov 4 10:32:26 CET 2020 armv7l
Upgraded from: DD-WRT v3.0-r44483M Community Build (10/03/20)
Reset: No not this time
Status: Up and running for 24 hours, basic setup as Gateway, static leases, OpenVPN client with Policy Based Routing up and running, 2,4GHz and 5Ghz with excellent range and speed, USB storage NAS working, OpenVPN server, WireGuard working.
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.241 #1327 SMP Tue Nov 3 09:06:16 +03 2020 armv7l
Upgraded from: DD-WRT v3.0-r44700 std (10/30/20)
Reset: No not this time
TemperaturesCPU 62.5 °C / WL0 49.0 °C / WL1 46.5 °C / WL2 47.0 °C
Status: Up and running for 1 day, 1:19 mins, basic setup as Gateway, static leases, OpenVPN client with Policy Based Routing up and running, 2,4GHz and 5Ghz with excellent range and speed, USB storage NAS working, OpenVPN server, WireGuard working.
Errors: Speedchecker service i've just tried for the first time and appears not to work. I set the internet speed i pay for and the type of connection etc and click for it to start and nothing happens.
I do not see VAP's SSID. I tried manually enter the SSID to connect and failed. No encryption set for VAP (both 2.4G and 5G). Each wireless interface have its own MAC address under the wireless BASIC SETTING.
Joined: 19 Feb 2018 Posts: 3 Location: Rocky Mountains
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:12 Post subject: Router: Dlink DIR-880L
Router/Version: Dlink DIR-880L/ HWver A1
File/Kernel:https://dd-wrt.com/support/other-downloads/?path=betas/2020/11-03-2020-r44715/dir880l/webflash.bin / Linux 4.4.241 #1322 SMP Mon Nov 2 06:39:27 GMT 2020 armv7l
Previous/Reset: 20200225-dir880l-r42514 / nope
Mode/Status: AP 2.4 and 5 GHz as well as gig ethernet hosts / Works
Issues/Errors: Modified syslog IP, which broke .localhost dns. Had to do FQN hostnames for LAN. However, internet dns was just fine. Had to remove and add back the new syslog server to get dhcp .localhost dns working. / Considered doing a reset but got working.