Replacing Linksys 3200 ACM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
narinesa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:32    Post subject: Replacing Linksys 3200 ACM Reply with quote
I have a Linksys 3200 ACM which is not working properly - no internet. It is configured with dd-wrt 43420 and I have a backup bin file. I am replacing it with a new router.

How do I setup the new Linksys 3200 ACM ?
Do I need to just update it with the old bin file or do a factory to dd-wrt then web upgrade ?

Using nord open vpn
Sponsor
ATHF
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:01    Post subject: Re: Replacing Linksys 3200 ACM Reply with quote
narinesa wrote:
I have a Linksys 3200 ACM which is not working properly - no internet. It is configured with dd-wrt 43420 and I have a backup bin file. I am replacing it with a new router.

How do I setup the new Linksys 3200 ACM ?
Do I need to just update it with the old bin file or do a factory to dd-wrt then web upgrade ?

Using nord open vpn

factory_to_ddwrt (the same version that you had on it), then import the backup.bin

Velop:3 WHW0101, RE6500, RE9000(AP)
TWC/Spectrum - 300/25
SysLog Watcher 5, Security Onion 2 on Virtual Box, Fingboxes, PiHoles
narinesa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just to be SURE everyone is using the same language here: yes, install the factory_to_ddwrt firmware for the same dd-wrt version you had on the old router when you created the backup file. Give it many minutes to settle down internally before proceeding, then restore from backup using your saved file. It's important that the backup and restore are from and to the same dd-wrt version.

If you want to also upgrade dd-wrt to a newer version, do that last, using the webflash file. If you are not sharing Windows drives across the network, 44048 is likely a good choice. Newer ones have been working through issues with updated wifi drivers, but the situation has been improving, and the very newest, 44700, may be worth a go now. Check the new-build threads before deciding.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the update
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: