Linksys 3200 ACM dd-wrt 43420

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
narinesa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:21    Post subject: Linksys 3200 ACM dd-wrt 43420 Reply with quote
I was trying to install a kill stitch but i first placed it in the configuration section by mistake.

How can I check what is in the configuration section and or clear it ?

Kill switch was later installed properly.

Using open vpn with nord vpn

Limited knowledge.
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
There are many "configuration sections" in dd-wrt's GUI. Which one specifically do you mean?

If you mean on the GUI>Administration>Commands page, the Commands window at the top is just an editing buffer where you can put stuff to get it ready for entering via your choice of buttons at the bottom: Run Commands or Save Blah for one of five different choices of Blah. When you push that button, the contents of the Commands window are either run or saved. A separate window is created for each Saved section to display what's configured there.

If you pushed the wrong button and saved it to where it does not belong, there's no huge problem unless you overwrote what was there previously. If you accidentally replaced an empty Startup section, for example, with one containing your kill switch (which belongs in the Firewall section), just make sure the Commands window is empty and push Save Startup to save that nothingness to the Startup window.

Edit: I just realized that since the kill switch is a vpn thing, perhaps you meant the OpenVPN Additional Config window. Look and see what is in that window (on GUI>Services>VPN), edit out anything that shouldn't be there (stretching the window to a larger size by dragging the lower-right corner may help), click Save at the bottom, and reboot the router. In principle you can click Apply instead of rebooting, but the OpenVPN system in many dd-wrt versions over the past year has had issues with Apply on that page getting firewall details wrong (maybe fixed in the most recent versions?) so rebooting is the safer option.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
narinesa
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the detailed info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: