Devices Intermittently not connecting to 2.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
pbc
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 13:17    Post subject: Devices Intermittently not connecting to 2.4 Reply with quote
Not sure if this is a DD-WRT issue at all, but started after I went from my standard firmware on the Netgear R7000 to the DD-WRT firmware 2 weeks ago.

Have this strange issue where clients can't connect to the 2.4ghz radio, they connect and say "no IP address" or no internet connection. If I connect to 5.0ghz, they work fine.

But this causes issues with some devices in my house, primarily my printer, which is not able to connect to 5.0ghz radios.

E.g., my printer will say it is connected with excellent signal strength to 2.4ghz, but doesn't show up as a connected device in DD-WRT. Then I will notice if I try to connect my laptop to the 2.4ghz SSID, it also won't connect, but connects fine at 5ghz.

I'm using DD-WRT on the R7000 in the basement, then have 2 EAP225v3 AP's setup on the main floor and 2nd floor. seems to be mostly an issue with getting the 2.4 band to connect to the two AP's in particular, it connects fine if I go closer to the basement and use the R7000 2.4ghz band.

Are there specific settings somewhere I'm not thinking of where the standard netgear firmware would do something differently than DD-WRT, and/or the AP's need some different config?
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: