Switching from 1900ACS v2 firmware to V1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
BlueBerrybun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:36    Post subject: Switching from 1900ACS v2 firmware to V1? Reply with quote
So I was going to upgrade my ddwrt firmware when I noticed something. Up until this point, I always assumed my router was a 1900ACS v2. The FCC ID said 1900ACV2 after all, and the model number said 'WRT1900ACS'. However, with further research, it seems the model number would say 'WRT1900ACSV2' if it was actually a v2 router. Therefore, I have been running v2 firmware on a v1 router for several months! No harm done it seems, but I obviously want to switch to the correct firmware.

I am unclear as to the proper procedure for remedying this situation. Can I just download the latest beta firmware, open the DDWRT GUI on my current installation, reset to factory defaults, and then upgrade the firmware from the GUI? Or is there something more involved?
Sponsor
BlueBerrybun
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
If anybody is interested, I just updated from web GUI. Seems to work
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
You should be fine, otherwise flash Linksys stock firmware and let it reboot completely (verify Linksys GUI).

Then perform a hardware reset (hold reset button 10 seconds) and let it reboot completely.

Then flash the correct factory-to-ddwrt binary for your specific model (model no. upper right on the bottom).

Restore factory defaults from GUI.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: