how to get online?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jojithedevil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 17:06    Post subject: how to get online? Reply with quote
hi guys I'm new to flashing... N just did flashing successfully... I'm using linksys wrt54g-tm n windows xp... Everything went perfect n safe n router is working safe n sound... I just don't know how to make my desktop pc online to Internet via wifi points which I was using on my laptops... n how to scan area networks available? Thanks
Sponsor
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://www.home-network-help.com/wireless-zero-configuration.html
jojithedevil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 17:50    Post subject: dude it's different thing Reply with quote
Hi bro, the link u gave does nothing it just enables driver n it was already set to the following details of the link I need to connect to wifi connection using my router which I flashed perfectly...
Shawn360
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Read 15.
The Peacock Thread:If dd-wrt isn't working well, read this!
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=39529
jojithedevil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 19:51    Post subject: Still didn't get solved Reply with quote
Shawn360 wrote:
Read 15.

Thanx dude but I didn't got it clear can u tell a more east way or how did u processed all like how did u make ur pc online...
jojithedevil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 20:42    Post subject: Man I don't have wired Internet connection Reply with quote
Dude the problem is that I don't have any internet connection I got router n a windows pc.. N a wireless connection working from which I use my laptops to run it on... Now I only want to make my pc online just same I make my laptops online... N is there any way I can see all of the connections in my area like scanning them or another way... Pls help
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 20:49    Post subject: Re: Man I don't have wired Internet connection Reply with quote
jojithedevil wrote:
Dude the problem is that I don't have any internet connection I got router n a windows pc.. N a wireless connection working from which I use my laptops to run it on... Now I only want to make my pc online just same I make my laptops online... N is there any way I can see all of the connections in my area like scanning them or another way... Pls help

Dude....

Don't wanna sound like I'm mean (I do have a reputation to maintain though Razz )

WTF are you talking about. Maybe it's me but I do not understand your posts at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 21:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
he is asking how to make client or client bridge work. which question has been answered on the wifi planet forum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
ad5mb wrote:
he is asking how to make client or client bridge work. which question has been answered on the wifi planet forum.
That's what I thought of course it's just a guess because it's not clear what this person wants besides get online.
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 21:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
ad5mb wrote:

So then.. you will answer his question? Or provide a link to the wifi planet forum?

Or.. a link to the wiki (linking routers) could be provided.

Or.. It could be suggested that the OP checks out the wiki, then comes back with anything that is not understood..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 22:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, provided the desktop has a wireless card or adapter, it should be as simple as connecting to the Wireless access point and going from there. Granted, the router needs to be hooked up to your modem to get online.
ad5mb
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 22:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
So then.. you will answer his question?

I already did. at the wifi planet forum. as stated above

Quote:
Or provide a link to the wifi planet forum?

I'm the guy who told this guy about DD-WRT. at the wifi planet forum. he will know where to look. the wifi planet forum updates about once a month. It is as lively as Jimmy Carters re-election campaign.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
ad5mb wrote:
Quote:
So then.. you will answer his question?

I already did. at the wifi planet forum. as stated above

Quote:
Or provide a link to the wifi planet forum?

I'm the guy who told this guy about DD-WRT. at the wifi planet forum. he will know where to look. the wifi planet forum updates about once a month. It is as lively as Jimmy Carters re-election campaign.

Thanx man I figured it out how to connect but still after connecting it's not working... I'll have to check it out where I'm going wrong... Thanks
jojithedevil
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Shawn360 wrote:
Read 15.

@Shawn360 I went through as u said to 15. N it's client bridge n repeater also but still didn't came up... When I tried client bridging n after applying all settings then windows started to gave error of windows ip conflict... Then I reverted settings now I'm stuck for which settings n tcp/ip settings to apply my LAN n which settings to apply in my DD-WRT... Please help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: