NTFS USB drive to make a NAS: wrong mounting point

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
merciers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:00    Post subject: NTFS USB drive to make a NAS: wrong mounting point Reply with quote
Hi

I try to add a USB NTFS disk to my Linksys WRT1900ACSV2
running DD-WRT v3.0-r44538 std (10/13/20)

I have setup the USB part and the disk is automatically mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda1

Alas when I go the the NAS setup and I try to add a shareon this drive the path field proposes only either /mnt or/mnt/sda1. And I cannot edit it.

What can I do ?
Sponsor
jd8121
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 15:39    Post subject: Re: NTFS USB drive to make a NAS: wrong mounting point Reply with quote
merciers wrote:
I have setup the USB part and the disk is automatically mounted to /tmp/mnt/sda1

Alas when I go the the NAS setup and I try to add a shareon this drive the path field proposes only either /mnt or/mnt/sda1. And I cannot edit it.

What can I do ?

You are describing normal functioning.
/mnt/sda1 is (most of the time) what you want to choose there. This will cause partition 1 of attached USB to be shared as whatever you want to call it (you type it in) using the "Name" field.
The "Subdir" field is for specifying (only) an individual folder (includes subfolders) on a chosen partition, but is optional. (You won't be presented with folder/file names there either, you type it in.)
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why you don't care about the /tmp up front:

root@TheRouter:~# ls -ld /mnt
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 7 Aug 1 20:41 /mnt -> tmp/mnt

So /tmp/mnt and /mnt are the same. Two names, one directory (folder), using a linux symbolic link (what Windows calls a shortcut, I believe).

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
merciers
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2020 16:17    Post subject: It works Reply with quote
Thank you for your help. It works Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: