Is there a way to log successfully Web GUI logins?

ciscodlink
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 14:48    Post subject: Is there a way to log successfully Web GUI logins? Reply with quote
I'm trying to run a script based on a successful (httpd) Web GUI login, but I can't find anything in /var/log/messages or something like "last_login" in the nvram. Does/can something like this exist?
Sponsor
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can't recall what the log file has for sucees (it should show both ok and failed attempts), but I do explicitly recall that when people try to hack in you will for sure see the unsuccessful ones w/ IP and if after 3-5 failed attempts, the code will boot out and ignore that IP address for 5 min.

you'll need to set up a klogd server on the services tab and then use software on a pc like virtual syslog server to watch for the activity.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
I agree with what is said.

I cannot remember right off hand but I thought the log tab on the gui would record the log ins.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: