Linksys WRT1900ACS - startup commands?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
humble_newbie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:53    Post subject: Linksys WRT1900ACS - startup commands? Reply with quote
Hello,

A recent firmware upgrade from v3.0-r41771 std (12/21/19) to v3.0-r44048 std (08/02/20) has led to a strange issue. Upon a scheduled reboot the router does not re acquire a WAN ip address (and so no device on the local network has any WAN access).

The 2 solutions that work are to power off the router manually, wait 15 secounds and power it back, or to set the WAN connection type to Disabled in the setup, apply settings, and reset to DHCP.

Is this a known issue with r44048?

In reality as this seems to be the only bug, I would like to keep this version and so am wondering if someone can suggest a set of startup commands to, upon full start up:

wait 5 seconds,
set wan connection to disabled,
wait 5 seconds,
enable the WAN as auto DHCP,

Is this possible? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Happy Sunday
Sponsor
humble_newbie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Small update - I got it to work with this (saved as start up command):

stopservice wan
sleep 10
startservice wan

I want to add an IF statement to this. To test whether or not the router connected to the modem and received a WAN ip address, so I made the following additions, sadly this isnt working. My programming knowledge is over 20 years out of date, so perhaps someone more current can help me rewrite:

PAUSE_INTERVAL=15

CURRENT_WAN_IP=`nvram get wan_ipaddr`
BAD_WAN_IP=0.0.0.0

if [ $CURRENT_WAN_IP = $BAD_WAN_IP ]; then
while sleep $PAUSE_INTERVAL
do
stopservice wan
sleep 30
startservice wan
done
fi

Help please?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: