3200ACM 44048 Wierd WAN speed problem/maybe a bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Toombstone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 14:04    Post subject: 3200ACM 44048 Wierd WAN speed problem/maybe a bug Reply with quote
Im testing 44048 Since the release and everything seemed fine up until i upgraded my speed to 200mbps.
System
Router NameDD-WRT
Router ModelLinksys WRT3200ACM
Firmware VersionDD-WRT v3.0-r44048 std (08/02/20)
Kernel VersionLinux 4.9.231 #1979 SMP Sun Aug 2 03:35:09 +03 2020 armv7l

I erased nvram to be sure its not on my side (nvram erase && reboot) i cant get more than 120mbps downlikn but im getting the full 200mbps uplink (i work for my ISP so for a short period of time we tested with 300mbps downlink and 1gbps downlink) the result was the same.
Funny enough when i enable QoS HFSC/Cake with 200000 on both limits no additional rules per interfase limits disabled i still get around 120-150 downlink. After i set the per user maximum limit to 1000000kbps tho no matter if its enable or disabled i suddenly get the advertised speeds. Is it possible there is a bug where per user downlink limits apply even if qos is completely disabled?
This bug only affects the downlink speed not the uplink.

P.S. All the speed tests were performed to a server hosted by my ISP so i can get the most accurate and repeatable results.

Last edited by Toombstone on Thu Oct 15, 2020 15:54; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Something is up with your config. I have 200/10 with my ISP can can get 210 Mbps download (over a wireguard link in fact) when the router, a WRT1900ACSv2 and so a cousin of yours, is not loaded.

For the record, it's "nvram erase && reboot". The command "erase nvram" (which was actually the correct command years ago) should (these days) not be used unless you really know what you are doing. It is different in its effects and can leave some routers in a difficult state.

The QoS features are ones that work for some while others find them buggy.

I'm sure those who know way more than I will join in here, as they should. I'm just giving them a little head start!

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Toombstone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just did a factory reset from the GUI. The router behaves the exact same way. Like i said i can get 900mbps if i set the per user downlink limit to 1000000kbps. Tomorrow when i have more time on the network all by myself i will test with the latest version clean install. I was surprised that that behavior is 100% reproducable so i decided to share.

P.S. Yes i used the correct command nvram erase && reboot because the router rebooted ( i was reading from my laptop that i should not use erase nvram) just mixed the command in my post (was going on memory).
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 15:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
See if works with QoS disabled altogether. (Apologies if I'm not quite reading carefully enough to understand the situation. Feeling a bit foggy in the head today.)
2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
Toombstone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
SurprisedItWorks wrote:
See if works with QoS disabled altogether. (Apologies if I'm not quite reading carefully enough to understand the situation. Feeling a bit foggy in the head today.)

With QoS disabled altogether i get around 100-120mbps with qos enabled but the per user limit left at 100000kbps i get 150-160mbps. When i enable qos and set the per user default limit to 1000000kbps i get the full 200mbps speeds. This only for the download speeds the upload is fine no matter what i do.
Toombstone
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
UPDATE: Flashed the most recent firmware and the router still behaves the same way. Absolutely clean install i havent even logged in the router i tried a speed test to the same server as before and my max downlink is 122mbps just like before. Uplink is not affected. When i enabled QoS and set the per user limits i started to get the full downlink speed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: