IP Configuration Failure

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jimclark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:43    Post subject: IP Configuration Failure Reply with quote
I'm using a Cisco E2000 on firmware 14929.

I've had to reset this router because I forgot the logins to the admin page.

I had it set-up again but now devices can't connect over WIFI after 2 days of the new set-up. We're getting IP configuration failure on devices that are trying to connect and I'm at a loss on the solution is as I followed the instructions to the letter on the repeater bridge set-up page. Even turning it off for 15 minutes didn't help.
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 0:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
I would update to a newer version of the firmware. 14929 is over 10 years old...

Links to newer versions
http://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/
jimclark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't knew it was that old. It was the version on the tutorial page so that's what I used.

It never occurred until I had to hard reset the router. I didn't have the chance to review the previous settings I had because I lost the admin logins.

It only happened with the new set-up, I have it on repeater bridge if it that makes any difference.
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 15:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can you do me a favor and post the link to what you used.

I am looking in the wiki and find:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge

but it does not have the version that you spoke of. I want to make sure we are looking at the same thing so as not to talk past each other.

or are you referencing this page (for the version):
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E2000
jimclark
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for the late reply. The second link is what I followed when I flashed the router.
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2020 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
No problem. But okay, it is that the version in those directions is really old. I am not sure anyone is maintaining them.

An update should not be that hard just use the file (current as of writing):

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2020/10-22-2020-r44627/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-44628_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e2000.bin

or

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2020/10-22-2020-r44627/broadcom_K3X/dd-wrt.v24-44627_NEWD-2_K3.x_mega-e2000.bin

The second one has a linux kernel version 3 (and is larger so will have other features)

otherwise to just do general debugging, would have to see the device logs (both router and client) to try to see what is going on

You could always follow the troubleshooting on the repeater bridge link I posted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: