VPN unlimited WRT3200 won’t stream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
bhill21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:10    Post subject: VPN unlimited WRT3200 won’t stream Reply with quote
I have lifetime vpn unlimited (KeepSolid) and I have put it on my Linksys wrt3200 running DD-WRT r44213 and running a Firestick 4K streaming Hulu, Netflix, amazon video etc. my connection is successful and I can watch all on my iPhone and iPad but I’m being blocked on all my fire sticks (3 of them). I have tried all the streaming servers and still the fire sticks won’t play. Is there something I’m missing setting up vpn? Not sure what to do.
Sponsor
Monza
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 13:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not familiar with KeepSolid VPN so I can only suggest the following.

After a firmware update, approx 1 yr ago, my FireHD tablets and one old Amazon reader would no longer connect to wireless. All other wireless devices connected as usual. After re-entering passwords and changing setups multiple times with no luck . . . I "Forgot" my network on one of the tablets and then re-connected to it. The tablet connected immediately and has done so ever since. Did the same to the other Amazon devices with the same result.

Maybe try that on one of the devices, if it connects/streams then do the same for the others. It seems the original network negotiation was no longer valid and the connection re-negotiation fixed the problem. The VPN may have to be considered by the connection if you didn't use it before? Just something to try if you have not already.

Assuming the VPN setup is correct and working with other devices than contacting Amazon help desk would be my next suggestion.

If you have just started using the VPN it may have reduced the DL speed for the Firesticks lower than the minimum required for 4K streaming??? Help desk would know me thinks.
bhill21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 14:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for advise. I tried forgetting the sticks on both 2,4 and 5 and still no streaming on sticks yet tablets stream fine on vpn.
foz111
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe a dns issue, try manually configuring the Wireless setting's on the firestick to be sure, select advanced in wireless/wi-fi firestick settings and manually configure.
no other reason i can think of if the vpn is working wirelessly on your mobile connected to the same router.
bhill21
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tried manual setup on fire stick also. No go. I was able to get Wireguard to work. Luckily there’s a protocol for it and it’s actually faster. I’m getting 184/161 for a 200/200! Thanks guys. I’ll try and resolve later ( although why would I with the speeds I’m getting.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: