Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2020 14:58 Post subject: New Build - 10/13/2020 - r44538
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
Issues, observations, and/or workarounds reported:
• DNScrypt 1.95 can still be used in the GUI but v2 (not compatible) requires Golang and thus Entware. 6246
• WDS does not work on Broadcom ARM devices(only MIPS<->MIPS) & bridge modes on k4.4 devices may sometimes work in some configurations in certain builds but are not supported by the bcmdhd driver. Use client or repeater instead.
• VAPs not working at bootfixed for unbridged VAPs with r40564:40566.Workaround startup command:
sleep 10;stopservice nas;stopservice wlconf;startservice wlconf;startservice nas(there are a few alternatives, search).
• If start-up scripts do not work from USB add a delay (e.g. wait script or 'sleep 25').
• For Broadcom ARM devices missing 5GHz channels, via telnet/ssh: 'nvram set brcm_unlock=1' 'nvram commit' 'nvram reboot'
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog, serial output, strace, tcpdump etc.
• For firewall NAT or WAN issues provide 'iptables -vnL', 'iptables -t nat -vnL', 'iptables -t mangle -vnL' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Router Model: Netgear R8000
Firmware Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r44538 std (10/13/20)
Kernel Version: Linux 4.4.238 #1224 SMP Tue Oct 13 09:51:15 +04 2020 armv7l
Previous Version: DD-WRT v3.0-r44483 std (10/02/20)
Services: samba, wireguard client, openvpn client, dhcp, wifi 2.4 ghz, usb, nas
Updated: via webgui
Errors: as reported in the syslog below
Dec 31 20:00:20 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2: error: wsdd-mcast-v4: wsd_send_soap_msg: send
Dec 31 20:00:20 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/1202]: ERROR: Can't open `/tmp/smb.db': No such file or directory
Dec 31 20:00:20 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-worker/1202]: ERROR: User database file does not exist. Only guest sessions (if permitted) will work.
Dec 31 20:00:26 DD-WRT user.err wsdd2: Terminated received.
Dec 31 20:00:27 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/1201]: ERROR: WARNING: child process exited abnormally: 1202
Dec 31 20:00:30 DD-WRT daemon.err ntpclient: Failed resolving address to hostname 2.pool.ntp.org: Try again
Dec 31 20:00:30 DD-WRT daemon.err ntpclient: Failed resolving server 2.pool.ntp.org: Network is down
Dec 31 20:00:30 DD-WRT local5.err ksmbd: [ksmbd-manager/2099]: ERROR: Failed to create lock file: File exists
Dec 31 20:00:36 DD-WRT daemon.err process_monitor: cyclic NTP Update failed (servers 2.pool.ntp.org 220.127.116.11 18.104.22.168)
Dec 31 20:00:36 DD-WRT daemon.err process_monitor: Last update failed, we need to re-update after 30 seconds
Oct 14 19:24:50 DD-WRT daemon.err httpd: httpd : Request Error Code 401: Authorization required. please note that the default username is "root" in all newer releases
Firmware: v3.0-r44538 std (10/13/20)
Router/Version: Netgear R7000 Kernel: Linux 4.4.238 #1216 SMP Mon Oct 12 08:57:01 +04 2020 armv7l
Previous: v3.0-r44483 std (10/02/20)
Mode/Status: AP wired and wireless, Up and running for 2 days
Reset: Soft boot before and after upgrade
Temperatures: CPU 59.7 °C / WL0 46.0 °C / WL1 51.0 °C
Issues/Errors: Nothing significant
Updated via webif. No 'nvram erase' this time, last one was in July 2018 (r36325).
There is a minor issue with the packet count on wl0.1 and "Connected Clients" stuck at zero. The wl0 and wl1 counts seem correct.
Upload and Download speeds are good. Nothing unexpected in the syslog. GRC port probe shows "stealth".
Current basic R7000 setup (subject to change of course):
- Static WAN IP
- SFE - On
- STP - On
- IPv4 only, both WAN and LAN
- LAN DHCP Enabled
- Wireless: AP, Regulatory Domain = CANADA, wl0 Mixed (ch. 6), wl1 AC/N-Mixed (ch. 149, VHT80), AES
- 1 wireless VLAN on wl0
- SNMP disabled, SSH enabled, Telnet disabled
- Firewall enabled, Log Level high
- Syslog: to local server. klogd: disabled.
- USB support - Off
- No custom scripts
- NO: ttraf, Tor, VNC, Zabbix, VPN, Radius
- NO: UPnP, DMZ, QoS
- NO: Samba, CIFS, JFFS2, miniDLNA, Entware, Optware _________________ Netgear R7000: v3.0-r45454 std (01/15/21)
EdgeRouter-X: EdgeOS v2.0.9
Joined: 16 Mar 2019 Posts: 151 Location: Szczecin, Poland EU
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 21:57 Post subject: New Build - 10/13/2020 - r44538
Router/Version: Netgear WNR3500L v2
Kernel: Linux 4.4.238 #4469 Tue Oct 13 15:38:33 +04 2020 mips
Mode: Internet gateway and WIFI AP
Issues/Errors: Nothing significant
Uptime: Over 5 days
Device is updated via ssh from previously DD-WRT version. Router working rather good. I don't see any significant problems.
Router/Version: Asus RT-AC66U Mode: AP File: dd-wrt-44538-Asus_RT-AC66U.trx Kernel: Linux 4.4.238 #4469 Tue Oct 13 15:38:33 +04 2020 mips Reset: No Status: Malfunctioning. (1) Only after I disabled 'smartDNS resolver' (Services -> Services) could browsers access any websites, although a ping I tried (of 22.214.171.124) worked. (2) I wonder whether the amount of NVRAM reported or accessible is right. The UI reports 64 KB of NVRAM, whereas the specs say the 'flash' memory size is 128MB. And the dmesg log (attached) suggests something is wrong. I attach also cat /tmp/var/log/messages. (3) Download speed was reduced by a third compared to the my previous build.
Previous build: DD-WRT v3.0-r42278 giga (02/05/20)[/b].
Uptime: 34 minutes.
Joined: 26 Mar 2013 Posts: 735 Location: Hung Hom, Hong Kong
Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:13 Post subject:
Router/Version: Asus RT-AC66U
.... more ...
Caveat #2: I wonder whether the amount of NVRAM reported or accessible is right. The UI reports 64 KB of NVRAM, whereas the specs say the 'flash' memory size is 128MB. And the dmesg log (attached) suggests something is wrong. I attach also cat /tmp/var/log/messages.
I barely remember some old but same complaints... 2 old posts I found via Google:
Router/Version: Linksys WRT54Gv2
File/Kernel: v3.0-r44538 mini (10/13/20)
Issues/Errors: using the wrt54g mini build... up 8 days, 21:57, load average: 0.31, 0.19, 0.08... seems stable for this device, probably will not upgrade again.