WRT3200ACM bricked and please help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
lijianch
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:45    Post subject: WRT3200ACM bricked and please help Reply with quote
I have a WRT3200ACM running dd-wrt. Yesterday, I tried to flash it back to the original firmware. I know there are many ways to do it and I did the following.

telnet 192.168.1.1

then

erase linux
erase nvram
reboot

There is no firmware recover page of linksys showing up and I wonder if anyone can give me a hand to unbrick it.
Sponsor
surfguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 3:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
The wrt3200 has two partitions, whatever firmware you had before your current DD-Wrt installation is on the other partition, to access it use the failed boot method -

turn on wrt3200, wait a few seconds (around 5)
turn off
turn on, wait a few seconds
turn off
turn on, wait a few seconds
turn off
turn on and allow to boot

Now you should be back in the other, working, partition. If it doesn't work the first time keep trying, the timing to turn off can be a little tricky so it might take a few tries.
blkt
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
All you had to do was load stock firmware from the web GUI if running any recent dd-wrt build.

Those telnet commands are insane for more than a few reasons.

Power switch method is described here.

https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=316324

Also could have just switched partition from CLI, followed by a reboot into previous firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: