Observation with r44048, how can I help?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
famschopman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 15:38    Post subject: Observation with r44048, how can I help? Reply with quote
I have been running Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r44048 std (08/02/20) on both my WRT1900ACSv2 devices.

The first one is acting as the DHCP and the second one is connected via LAN and DHCP disabled.

Let's be clear, I am here to help where I can and massively appreciative of the time and effort volunteers put into maintaining the software. I have no expectations on solutions whatsoever.

So the observation I have is that both routers seem to drop in throughput. A fresh power up gives me 250mbit down and 50mbit up consistently, which is the max offered by my ISP. At some point in time, the througput doesnt exceed 50mbit down anymore and I have to restart the device.

I don't do nightly reboots, so when it happens I just log in and hit reboot in the router. Sometimes it happens after 20+ days of being online, last week it happened within a few days.

This is not an easy reproducable thing, but I have the feeling it often happens a while after my kids have streamed a video from the Synology NAS to their MiBox devices; mostly 4k videos at 2160p in the range of 50GB.

Just let me know if and how I can help on debugging this. Again just want to offer my help, not expecting solutions whatsoever.
Sponsor
famschopman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 12:16    Post subject: sonos Reply with quote
Two weeks ago, I received my Sonos Arc to replace the Sonos Playbar. The Playbar was connected via ethernet, and two Sonos Play 1 surrounds were connected via Sonosnet (once a Sonos speaker is connected via ethernet it sets up a Sonosnet WIFI network, then used by all Sonos speakers).

I sold the Playbar a few months ago, and since then the both Sonos Play 1 used as surrounds were connected via WIFI only.

Since installing the Sonos Arc (again via ethernet) and connecting both Play 1's again via Sonosnet the overall stability of DD-WRT significantly improved.

Perhaps this might give some clues for future reference to others or the developers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: