R7000p Channel Width Incorrect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Fried Chicken
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 21:26    Post subject: R7000p Channel Width Incorrect Reply with quote
Just flashed the latest firmware. Did a reset to default settings, reboot, upload firmware, reset to defaults again, restart, apply all appropriate settings.

For some reason the R7000p defaults to 40 MHz on the 2.4GHz spectrum (I only need 20MHz width), and despite what I put in defaults to only 20 MHz on the 5GHz specturm. This has been the case with many different firmwares I’m running (currently running the latest). Maybe the settings aren’t applying appropriately, i’m not sure.

The only way I see this is with Wi-Fi Explorer pro, showing the R7000p with the inappropriate channel widths (all other routers are behaving).

Any ideas?

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Define "latest firmware".

Are "all other behaving routers" Broadcom?

BrainSlayer wrote:
if you want a good working router without stupid restriction made by the chipset vendor. just dont buy broadcom based products. its nothing i can fix. the channel restrictions are hard coded in and baked into the chipset.

From here:
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/7023

Before asking for help - Read the forum guidelines AND Upgrade DD-WRT!
Adblock by eibgrad (1.1M blocked) + Blocklist Collection

itwontbewe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 22:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
sounds like you have the channel set to auto

you need to set a channel for each
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Post a 768 pixels wide picture of your Status>wireless Tab for each of the radio's. That will help guide us, and you, to determine what the router is actually "thinking" it's broadcasting and then you can compare it against a client app that shows what it "thinks" it's receiving.

I personally like to use inSSIDer to evaluate my settings vs what clients see. It should still have a "free" option. As for iOS and Android, there are a ton of apps too as you noted.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: