It its normal this Speed transfer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
royitoroy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 18:28    Post subject: It its normal this Speed transfer? Reply with quote
hi friends lease anybody hael with this dubth

actually i have this configuration in all my house for about 1 year straigth

I have a modem/(wifi disabled) arris [192.162.0.1]

It gives connection to a TP-link Archer C7 router with the stock firmware that is the "main router"[200.81.59.1 DCHP enabled]

And connected by lan I have a Lynksys WR160ND with ddrwt as a WDS-AP [200.81.59.2 DHCP disabled]

When i am in zone A My laptop is conected thrugth 5ghz wif to the Archer c7, but when I move to zone B it automatically connects to the WR160ND the 2ghz wifi through
WDS-ap, manteining the same static Ip, or if the device have a dinamic ip, change it to the same ip "family" (200.81.59.50-51-52 etc)

Now i've conected directly with a lan cable to the "main router archer c7" a raspberry pi4 with openmediavault to make a backups to 2 tb hdd.

While i've been making copies to the hdd (raspberry) i've seen the transfer speed just like this...

its a good speed? its hard to believe that this is good!...

any recomendation?
(sorry my for my tarzan english)
Sponsor
Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
Their the sort of speeds you see with a Pi2 or 3 over USB2, Pi4 using USB3 and a NTFS drive you should at least be seeing 30mbps up and about 45mbps to 50 down

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just moved some files over to my Pi4 connected to my Router via ethernet from my PC via WiFi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eyerex wrote:
Just moved some files over to my Pi4 connected to my Router via ethernet from my PC via WiFi

exactly friend thats was i tell... and dont know why is that...

how could i know which device or... ... "thing" has the problem, How can I rule out possible errors?

Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 22:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I am reading correctly, it sounds as though you change connections depending on room. That 5.0 vs 2.4 wifi makes a difference, but then you are connecting through a second router, which is having to transmit as well as receive.

What I would do is change one thing at a time.

Test what it is like via wired only. Then add one wifi link, and so on. You could always check the resource usage of teh dd-wrt router, I do not know if your stock firmware has anything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: