this thread could be deleted if you like

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
itwontbewe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 14:13    Post subject: this thread could be deleted if you like Reply with quote
this thread could be deleted if you like

Last edited by itwontbewe on Thu Jan 14, 2021 16:11; edited 6 times in total
Sponsor
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please post a picture/s of the issue in the gui that is being encountered after performing an NVRAM ERASE && REBOOT which shows what the gui looks like post reset. You may need to include multiple pictures at each step of the selection process for the wifi channels.

Thanks in advance!

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
itwontbewe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 14:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I rebroke it yesterday during the conversation. i had never heard of running the command in the gui. so wanted to ensure that gave the same result. It did.

I just fixed it.

I'm not going through that again right now.

The steps are clear

I can follow directions for every other setup

I follow them just fine after running the command

It was a psa
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have seen channels disappear on R8000 straight after it was configured and all working fine a reboot removed the selected channels and it had reverted back to auto and then only 1 channel in drop down, but this was fixed by BS some time ago in the following builds.
Maybe do a screen capture video upload to youtube or any host and drop it in to a ticket for BS to look at.
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ or post link in forum someone may be able to shed some light on your issue
itwontbewe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 15:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
is there any diagnostic command i could run before and after to see what changes?
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
itwontbewe wrote:
It was a psa

The goal and purpose of these forums and project are not to have a shit load of PSA's... the goal is to fix a bug when one is found....

being a prick and not wanting to help when you find a bug is not productive... Not having the skills and asking for help is being productive and should be welcomed with open arms and no crap from anyone...this is what I am trying to promote...

just putting it out there as a PSA is not being a steward to the free firmware you use....

It takes time and effort to contribute to this project, but it's what keeps it alive and going for all of us to enjoy....

This was a step in the right direction:
itwontbewe wrote:
is there any diagnostic command i could run before and after to see what changes?

The decision is yours to make on how to move forward. I hope you do take the time to actively participate and contribute- Yes that means more effort and work...not because I want to be a prick, but I'm not independently wealthy enough, nor have enough time, to test out every device and find every bug...

You're not really helping much in saying it's broken and fix it.... show pictures, examples, logs, etc of your issue and then we are more empowered to take action.

it's up to you if you want to be a steward or just another user... either way I don't care, but don't expect much help from the people who try and contribute positively.

as far as commands, I am no linux ssh/telnet guru and have to find my list tonight that might help.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
itwontbewe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I said i wasn't willing right now

And then the post above yours asked how I could better help

edit by "brainslayer"

i think your words are going too far. i'm not interested in any political discussion here nor in any offensiv language
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
itwontbewe wrote:
Very simple, run `nvram show|sort` before and after, compare (manually or via e.g. vlookup) in a spreadsheet. Any reset-related issue should start with this (if possible). Cool

Btw...
itwontbewe wrote:
I rebroke it yesterday during the conversation. i had never heard of running the command in the gui.
Not that there's any issue with it, but that's not what he suggested. It was to post pics of the GUI, before and after the reset [as you've now posted here].

The nvram diff would be more interesting regardless. And testing a latest build. Smile

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
blaser
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 16:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Happened to me too on R8500, the only way I could fix it was to revert back to Netgear firmware and upgrade to DD-WRT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: