God bless the power cut

Eyerex
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 18:27    Post subject: God bless the power cut Reply with quote
Most of the time when you have a power cut you worry about your equipment when the power comes back on but the other night the power went down in the street and as it was late i couldn't be asked to check anything till the morning

Well the next morning i thought i would check my router and modem which looked like they were working ok so did a little speed test and found my speed was faster 11mbps to 12.5mbps and i had better ping 24 to 14 so "god bless the power cut"

Thing that's odd is that i had turned off my router and modem a few days earlier for a few hours as was having a tidy with cables

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
That's not that all unusual actually...especially on a shared cable line...neighbors can wreak havoc on your performance...glad it worked in your favor and nothing died.

TIPS/TRICKS: Best QCA Wifi Settings | Latency tricks | QoS Port priority | NEVER USE MU-MIMO |
Why to NOT use MU-MIMO | Max Wifi Pwr by Country | Linux Wifi Pwr | AC MCS & AX MCS | QCA 5Ghz chnls to use | WIFI Freq WIKI | TFTP R7800 | Don't buy AX | IPERF3 How-To

[R9000]52396 nightly (Main Router)
[EA8500]43192 & 45493 (2xOffsite)
[R7800] resting
[WDR3600]BS 44715 (Offsite)
[A7v5]BS 43038 (Offsite+spare napping)
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have seen isps roll out updates and since most of us never cycle the hardware we do not get it. Once we do then Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: