WRT32x / FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Cussiv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:17    Post subject: WRT32x / FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img Reply with quote
Hello, I heard FW_WRT32X_1.0.666_DDWRT.img contains minimum stuff of ddwrt. Before flashing I wanna know if it has wifi or qos included? I dont really want to overwrite my stock partition so im asking before im making an decision
Sponsor
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please read the cliff notes here: https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117 & https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315569
1. it does not overwrite your stock if done correctly, it flashes on to your other (2nd) partition.
2. the only reason it is a small version is to fit on the partition on first flash, after initial flash you flash a full sized DD-WRT file but run a command line (see cliff notes) to ensure it get flashed on to the correct partition.
Its all in the cliff notes but i recommend you read and read again until you understand.
I could answer your questions but unclear why you wouldn't want to flash a full version on if your aware it can be done.
For some reason linksys made the second partition on wrt32x smaller so you must first flash the initial file followed by the normal one on your router.
Cussiv
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I found my own answers by flashing it by myself. Yes it has wifi and qos. I know I can change partition to not overwrite stock but I dont wanna do the mistake I did once :p I forgot to do that and had ddwrt om both. Then I tried to go back to stock but bricked both my partitions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: