Archer C8 Printing Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ps1234
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 15:20    Post subject: Archer C8 Printing Problem Reply with quote
I have just set up an Archer C8 with DD-WRT v3.0-r40559 std (08/06/19).

I am using it as a router/access point, but I have a printing problem.

My internet gateway (Bipac 8800NL) is connected to the C8 WAN port, and the Bipac provides DHCP. I also have an 8 port ethernet switch connected to the Bipac.

The printer (Dell 2330DN) was connected via the switch and it printed perfectly.

Now the printer is connected to the C8 on port 1, but the printer does not print.

I can connect to the internet by wireless, or ethernet cable, and I can connect to the C8 admin functions.

I am a novice with DD-WRT so I would appreciate help.
Sponsor
egc
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum Smile

To get the most out of DDWRT and the forum read the forum guidelines (link in my signature at the bottom of this post)

Point 8: Do not use the router database

Forum Guide Lines (important read):https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=324087
eibgrad
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 0:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sounds to me like you have your Archer C8 daisy-chained behind the Bipac 8800NL, WAN to LAN, so the Bipac is still acting as the internet gateway, has its own IP network, DHCP server, etc., and the Archer C8 likewise has its own IP network (which has to be different from the Bipac), DHCP server, etc. And if that's the case, by placing the printer on the Archer C8, you've changed its IP network, so naturally it's no longer accessible.

Usually what ppl do is configure their ISP router+modem in bridge mode (NOT routed), which places the public IP on the WAN of the Archer C8. And now you have to reconfigure both the printer and its clients to use the Archer C8's IP network.

ddwrt-ovpn-split-basic.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-split-advanced.sh (UPDATED!) * ddwrt-ovpn-client-killswitch.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-watchdog.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-remote-access.sh * ddwrt-ovpn-client-backup.sh * ddwrt-mount-usb-drives.sh * ddwrt-blacklist-domains.sh * ddwrt-wol-port-forward.sh * ddwrt-dns-monitor.sh (NEW!)
ps1234
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:07    Post subject: Problem solved Reply with quote
Thanks for the pointers and the issue is now solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: