Guest network routing setup without vlan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking
buliwyf
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 22:03    Post subject: Guest network routing setup without vlan Reply with quote
I have a home setup with 2 DD-WRT routers - R6300v2 as Gateway and a AC87U as AP
I have 2 guest Wifi networks setup on the AP as per instructions in https://forum.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Guest_Network#VAP_with_no_WAN
Both the Guest networks are working as per instructions.
Main network is on 192.168.1.0/24
Guest network 1 is on 192.168.2.0/24
Guest network 2 is on 192.168.3.0/24

The problem is that all traffic coming through the guest networks are now showing up as coming from the AP IP address (because of the SNAT instructions). In the Gateway, I need to be able to identify which Guest network they are coming from for rerouting accordingly.

Is there any way I can not use SNAT on the AP?
As I understand the SNAT instruction is needed so that the Gateway can route traffic correctly back to the AP and then the AP can use the SNAT to route data to the Guest Network.
Can I not do this as a Static Route in the Gateway? and then some other iptables instruction to help AP identify traffic to the correct guest network

I cannot use VLANs (which would have been the ideal choice) because for some reason VLANs are not working in my AC87U. The moment I make any change in either the Switch Config page or use CLI to change vlan ports, all the wired ports in my AC87U stop working.
Looking for an alternate solution

Both routers are on v3.0-r44251 std[/url]
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Advanced Networking All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: