Special characters in files when access by FTP

wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 19:05    Post subject: Special characters in files when access by FTP Reply with quote
Special characters in files

Hi.
I use the DDWRT FTP server, everything works fine, but there are files that have special characters, such as "á" or "ñ" and these appear strange when I access via ftp. But if I access by browsing (I have samba) they look fine.
If I force filezilla to use UTF-8 then they appear fine, but if I leave it in auto, they are shown that way.
For example the word "Sesión" appears "Sesión".
Can I reset or reconfigure this in the FTP server settings?

Thanks in advance and I hope you are all well!

Edit: I forget, if I have some file in my FTP with this special characters I can't download with ftp client, indicate error in download.
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 21:46    Post subject: Re: Special characters in files when access by FTP Reply with quote
wonder_wonder wrote:
Special characters in files

Hi.
I use the DDWRT FTP server, everything works fine, but there are files that have special characters, such as "á" or "ñ" and these appear strange when I access via ftp. But if I access by browsing (I have samba) they look fine.
If I force filezilla to use UTF-8 then they appear fine, but if I leave it in auto, they are shown that way.
For example the word "Sesión" appears "Sesión".
Can I reset or reconfigure this in the FTP server settings?

Thanks in advance and I hope you are all well!

Edit: I forget, if I have some file in my FTP with this special characters I can't download with ftp client, indicate error in download.

I don't know anything about dd-wrt ftp in particular, and my ftp experience is shockingly old, but ftp traditionally had an default text mode (did they actually call it ascii?) and a binary mode. I believe that if you typed the command "binary" to your ftp client it would switch to binary mode and then deliver subsequent files with no changes whatever. Understand though that if you are working from anything but another (since dd-wrt is one) linux computer, a strict binary copy is really not what you want for a text file, since line-ending conventions and character-set conventions get involved.

On such a subject, google (remarkably) is your friend.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
wonder_wonder
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I search in google (always search before post) but not view about this,

Only have this with dd-wrt (my computer also is linux) and some versions, not have this "bug" (if can call a bug), others versions I don't have this problem, but the best version work for me I have this problem...

Regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: