R9000 Wifi Failure = firmware load issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
WWTK wrote:
Hello,

Is there a way to tell if the pcie bridge is working?

Code:
0100    1b211182        dd                     0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     0                0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0        pcieport
0218    1b211182        de                     0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     0                0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0        pcieport
0238    1b211182        df                     0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                     0                0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0        pcieport

that should be the ASM

Vendor ID 1B21 ASMedia Technology Inc
Device ID 1182 should be ASM1182e, PCI express packet switch, 1 PCIe x1 Gen2
Sponsor
foz111
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 15:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
sounds like hardware issues to me for what it's worth, similar to the r8500
WWTK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
blkt wrote:
Eh, the point is there are two different r9000 being troubleshot in this thread and it's confusing to determine when the conversation is drifting or talking about one router or the other.

Two others have asked you about the condition you obtained these routers; you ignore or avoid the question.

IMO it's not a software problem, unless somehow it can be proven otherwise (e.g. downgrade to older stock version, software or hardware reset magic). Maybe I'm wrong.

I try not to make assumptions about what is wrong until there is evidence.

I am only troubleshooting one router. I only mentioned the other one as an indication that I have seen the hardware not work on the stock version and is working fine on dd-wrt. I use that router as my main router attached to my cable modem and use the 5Ghz radio heavily for wifi calling with zero issues yet the hardware doesn't function at all with stock netgear firmware. I apologize for any confusion that may have caused.

Again, tell me how where they came from is relevant. I have a router that doesn't work and I'd like to try to figure out why and perhaps repair it. I appreciate immensely any help I can get to achieve this goal.

Thank you all for your support.

WWTK
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Code:
0100    1b211142        0               e8100004                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                  8000                0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0

ASM1042A USB 3.0 Host Controller

Code:
0100    1ae90310        e6              f0200004                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0                200000                0                       0                       0                       0                       0                       0        wil6210

Wilocity Ltd. Wil6200 802.11ad Wireless Network Adapter / QCA9008

the rest is from the Alpine SoC

1C36 Annapurna Labs Ltd.

Edit:

maybe someone can post the output of a working router

then you can compare whether something else is missing than the QCA9984

Edit2:

1C360001 Annapurna Labs Ltd. Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
1C360002 Annapurna Labs Ltd. 0002 SFP+ 10G Ethernet Adapter

1c360011 Network and computing encryption device
1c360021 System peripheral: Annapurna Labs Ltd.
1c360031 PCI bridge: Annapurna Labs Ltd.

is there no lspci on the r9000?
would make things a lot easier
WWTK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Nope, no lspci unfortunately.

Here is the output from a good router.
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
well I don't see anything unusual now

the two QCA9984 are missing
the Wil6200 has moved to interrupt 6
and for USB a driver seems to be loaded (xhci_hcd)
WWTK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 19:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

My IR thermometer arrived, the two wireless chips are not producing any heat whatsoever. Now the trick will be to discover why. I doubt that given the huge number of problems where both radios quit at the same time that the chips are bad. I will have to see what information is available for these chip pinouts and see what I can learn.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
WWTK wrote:
Hello,

My IR thermometer arrived, the two wireless chips are not producing any heat whatsoever. Now the trick will be to discover why. I doubt that given the huge number of problems where both radios quit at the same time that the chips are bad. I will have to see what information is available for these chip pinouts and see what I can learn.

can you make a full flash dump and provide it to me? the point is alot of settings are made by the bootloader by a predefined device tree set. so if netgear changed this set or the hw revision was changed i'm maybe able to find the cause in this dataset by comparing it with mine. the indicator that the irq changes is one hint there that the hw is maybe somewhat different.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

can you make a full flash dump and provide it to me? the point is alot of settings are made by the bootloader by a predefined device tree set. so if netgear changed this set or the hw revision was changed i'm maybe able to find the cause in this dataset by comparing it with mine. the indicator that the irq changes is one hint there that the hw is maybe somewhat different.

Thanks BrainSlayer,

I have tried to access the uboot bootloader several times but when the prompt appears to press any key I can never seem to get in. I would be happy to do the dump but unfortunately I don't know how. There are three jumpers near the flash that I have tried messing with but I haven't had any luck so far. Can you please tell me how to do it?

WWTK
ho1Aetoo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
maybe a nanddump backup is enough?

he would just have to build you an image where nanddump is included
is easy to use anyway
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I will have to figure out serial access on mine and would need some pointers, perhaps. I haven't cracked mine open yet, but at this point, what the hell... what's there to lose? Rolling Eyes Laughing
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
WWTK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
I will have to figure out serial access on mine and would need some pointers, perhaps. I haven't cracked mine open yet, but at this point, what the hell... what's there to lose? Rolling Eyes Laughing

Hello,

Here is the serial port connection. Baud rate is 115200.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Am I going to have to remove anything to access that after opening the router?
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
WWTK
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Am I going to have to remove anything to access that after opening the router?

Hello,

No, remove the two large rubber feet under the router and remove the 4 T15 screws to remove the top cover and you are good to go.
boixa
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, my r9000 has also not working 2,4 and 5ghz. What can I do to help solve this problem? I've benn looking into the netgear forums, and read that there are loads of r9000 with the same problems. I tried all the firmware I could get hold of. But no way to make the radios work. the ad wifi works under stock Firmware.

Right now flashed dd-wrt with the images found on the main Page. I ordered a usb to TTL with 5v and 3,3v. What do i have to use 3,3 or 5?

Thx for the Help

Luis

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: