Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 13:41 Post subject: New Build - 08/13/2020 - r44187
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix (applicability depends on VPN setup) and GUI toggle. 6920, 6928, 6931, 6932 (WIP 7040)
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed 6954, 6957, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• WireGuard 1.0.20200712: PBR, Kill Switch, Inbound Firewall, Naming of Peers, Status, Key, Guides. Thanks egc!
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Unscheduled reboot(s)? encountered. Testing halted.
Signal strength of the 5 GHz appears to be still weak but android devices appear to connect to the router faster?
LAN port numbers displayed are reversed? Setup > Switch Config... e.g. LAN port 1 of the DIR-878 is displayed as LAN port 4 in dd-wrt.
Last edited by casualtester on Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:35; edited 1 time in total