Conflicting info on what resetting is?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
phryed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 20:09    Post subject: Conflicting info on what resetting is? Reply with quote
I am new to setting up dd-wrt on routers and I have searched for my answer but am getting conflicting info.

I am planning to install DD wrt and then YAMon on a TP-Link Archer C7 v5.

From this page stating the install steps (https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/TP_Link_Archer_C7)

I am not understanding what exactly this step is:

“Reset DD-WRT running firmware to factory defaults first to clear out the NVRAM”.

When I search for clearing NVRAM I get results for doing a 30/30/30 reset. This conflicts with the very clear directions above/below the install steps which says "DO NOT PERFORM A 30/30/30"

Is resetting dd-wrt just hitting the reset button on the back of the router or doing a reset via the DD-WRT GUI? Can someone please tell me what this means? Thank you for your time.
Sponsor
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 20:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reset button for ~10 seconds. Administration -> Factory Defaults page in the DD-WRT webUI. Those two are kin to stock firmware resets, so I don't understand what the confusion was.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
phryed
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Reset button for ~10 seconds. Administration -> Factory Defaults page in the DD-WRT webUI. Those two are kin to stock firmware resets, so I don't understand what the confusion was.

Thank you kernel-panic69! I will do this and come back if there is any issue with that step. The confusion is mainly because I am new and learning what to do. Mainly it was me thinking "reset" means "reset button", but I didn't know how that relates to clearing nvram. So when i searched for "clearing nvram" i found suggestions to do a 30/30/30. But this contradicted the intall header which says don't do a 30/30/30.

Again thank you for helping me learn, I very much appreciat it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: