WRT1900ACS V2 - Revert to Stock Linksys Firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
henrik_er
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 19:50    Post subject: WRT1900ACS V2 - Revert to Stock Linksys Firmware Reply with quote
Hi,

Made a separate thread as mine is a different router model.

One of my DD-WRT routers is a WRT1900ACS v2, with DD-WRT on both partitions. How would I proceed to revert to stock firmware? If I attempt to install the Linksys firmware through the webvgui, the timer finishes, and nothing happens (I tried waiting 10-15 additional minutes) I have to do the 3x reset to get back to the DD-WRT firmware again. If I scp the linksys software to the router, and attempt installing with "write firmwarefile linux &" I get "TRX error".

Any ideas on how to proceed?
Sponsor
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 20:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you really want to take a WRT1900ACSv2 back to Linksys firmware, get the firmware at https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=165487 and just flash it from dd-wrt.

[Edit] I didn't read closely enough the first time! Unless you are starting from a really old (years) dd-wrt, this procedure should work from the GUI. It's been quite a while since I've tried it, but I see people report doing it successfully all the time. I have never seen anyone try the CLI approach with the Linksys firmware though. I do upgrade dd-wrt that way but would be reluctant to gamble on doing it with the Linksys firmware.

Anyone else have thoughts on what could be going wrong?

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
henrik_er
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 20:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can add that I am on 43904
SurprisedItWorks
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm grasping here, but do be sure you are connected to the router with a cable and that all other cables (except power of course) are disconnected from the router. As usual with flashing, avoid Chromium-based browsers. Sounds like you are waiting a good long while before attempting to reconnect. That's good, often critical when flashing, in fact. Be sure to specify to reset the configuration after flashing. That's really important, because there is just one config memory shared between the two partitions. If the Linksys firmware tries to run with dd-wrt config info in there, nothing good will result.

I can add that I have one WRT1900ACSv2 on 43904 as well, and so far I've had no issues. Haven't tried to flash from it though.

2x Netgear XR500 and 3x Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 on 53544: VLANs, VAPs, NAS, station mode, OpenVPN client (AirVPN), wireguard server (AirVPN port forward) and clients (AzireVPN, AirVPN, private), 3 DNSCrypt providers via VPN.
henrik_er
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks for following up. I can confirm that today after upgrading to r44048, I was able to roll back to the Linksys firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: