Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 14:52 Post subject: New Build - 07/31/2020 - r44044 [BUILD PULLED]
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix (applicability depends on VPN setup) and GUI toggle. 6920, 6928, 6931, 6932 (WIP 7040)
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed 6954, 6957, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• WireGuard 1.0.20200712: PBR, Kill Switch, Inbound Firewall, Naming of Peers, Status, Key, Guides. Thanks egc!
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
replied here to your PM
I use a fairly large key for EA8500 & same key forWNDR3700v4 and they work just fine.
I have NOT reset either in very long time so that maybe reason mine still work fine.
gotta run into town for awhile but after I get back I can reset the other EA8500 and see how it works.
Its keys are changed when a reset is done ...another reason I never like doing a reset cause
then I have to change my 'known_hosts' file in the .ssh directory.
if you have a backup of working build you might try that... it will put previous key back if you have since done a reset
Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 7962 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 18:48 Post subject:
"Apply" settings doesn't always make key authentication work; sometimes, a reboot helps. There really is no reason to reset prior to or after flashing, unless you are coming from stock. Feels like I am stuck on repeat a lot...
I just sent him the link to the post and asked if he could try it
yes but a reset only changes the hostkey, which can also be overwritten if you don't want to delete the host from known_hosts (ssh-keygen -R hostname)
don't know what the problem is either
I am using a 2048bit RSA SHA256 key created with openSSH
guess that the operwrt patch is for it
ssh-keygen -t rsa -b 4096
Generating public/private rsa key pair.
Enter file in which to save the key (/home/sparks/.ssh/id_rsa):
Enter passphrase (empty for no passphrase):
Enter same passphrase again:
Your identification has been saved in /home/sparks/.ssh/id_rsa.
Your public key has been saved in /home/sparks/.ssh/id_rsa.pub.
The key fingerprint is:
The key's randomart image is:
|%+=E oO+o= |
|OO.. .o** o |
|oo . +.+ = . |
|. o * O = |
| o o S B o |
| . . o o |
| o |
| . |
Router Model TP-Link TL-WR841ND v11
Firmware Version DD-WRT v3.0-r44044 std (07/31/20)
Kernel Version Linux 3.18.140-d5 #85996 Fri Jul 31 04:13:03 +04 2020 mips
Update from r43904 via CLI
Working OK as AP, HT40, NG-mixed with my current settings.
Problem: Modifying some settings in Web Interface then pressing either Save or Apply Settings crashes httpd.
At some point httpd restarts but modified settings are not applied.
I attached a gif screen capture that shows what happens in browser and in parallel the top command in telnet, httpd vanishes.
Browser is Chrome on PC but same thing happens in Firefox or in Chrome on my android phone.
It can be that if I reset to factory settings I would be unable to configure any name/password/security or upload another dd-wrt version.