R7000 VLAN and DHCP client problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
rvjorge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 19:39    Post subject: R7000 VLAN and DHCP client problem Reply with quote
Good morning all.

I have a problem with the R7000 while I want to setup it as Gateway to real internet.

My provider only need to send all traffic tagged with VLAN 832. My problem is The R7000 (aka Router Razz ) cannot get the external IP address.

I put a computer with two interface bridged and I see how the router ask for IP and my provider answer with an specific IP address.

To test in another environment to try to find the problem, I setup a computer with DHCP that is listening in the VLAN 832 ... and the router has the same situation.

I try to execute the udhcpd program directly in the command line (SSH) and is like the router do not get that answers. I tried to open all ports that I can with iptables with no luck.

In another enviroment I tried to setup the DHCP without any vlan and the routers works correctly.

Any help please?
Sponsor
rvjorge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:57    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote
Solved with this guide

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312045
realsushi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 13:06    Post subject: Re: Solved Reply with quote
rvjorge wrote:
Solved with this guide

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312045

Did you solve it with GUI?
If yes can you please upload screenshots?
BigAlY2K
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same issue; I am (also was) using an R7000 and just switched to an ISP that requires a VLAN ID of 100 on the WAN port. I'm back online for the first time in almost a week having resorted to using a non-DD-WRT capable TP-LINK router with stock firmware (yuck!) that simply allowed me to enter the VLAN ID along with the PPPoE username/password, and voila! Back online! Except I don't want to use that piece of crap router; I want my DD-WRT back! It appears I'm going to have to confess to a loss of geek cred here, because I've tried everything to configure the R7000 running DD-WRT to work with my new ISP (yes, I've reviewed the guide) and no dice. Surely this router is not suddenly incompatible because of (what should be) a simple setting?

On a side note I also have a Linksys WRT3200ACM that I'd RATHER use, yet it has been sitting around collecting dust as I had issues with 2.4 GHz WiFi not working properly... separate topic for a separate thread, I'm sure, but figured it was worth mentioning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: