let's have fun with aircrack!

anon059
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 15:06    Post subject: let's have fun with aircrack! Reply with quote
hey, n00b is here.

I got ddwrt installed, registered, up 'n running on airgrid m5 XW version.

I used FMK to remove some packages and install some dependencies to run aircrack and airmon.
So far, aircrack and aireplay give me no error when i run it without anything else (they both spit out --help).

but i have few other errors:
-using airmon-ng is not possible because "something" is missing. grep? i installed it using FMK, but looks like it's searching for "egrep" or whatever.
Code:
root@DD-WRT:~# airmon-ng

Interface   Chipset      Driver

/usr/sbin/airmon-ng: line 1: egrep: not found
/usr/sbin/airmon-ng: line 1: egrep: not found

ok, i don't care, i'll set it manually.
i'm trying to set my ath0 in monitor mode via iwconfig, but looks like as soon as i start
Code:
airodump-ng -c 48 ath0

or
Code:
airodump-ng -b a ath0

device simply crashes, doesn't respond to ping for a minute (just like it reboots itself).

weird thing is that it normally cycles all 2.4GHz channels, of course it finds nothing as it's 5GHz radio... but on --band a it's crashing. sometimes even factory-resets itself to defaults lol...
Sponsor
anon059
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm... looks like it's not aircrack issue, it must be drivers or something else, but i can't figure out what.
After i put ath0 in monitor mode, device crashes after a minute without doing anything else. Must be i was too fast with running aircrack and other things that mislead me into believe it was aircrack issue.
anon059
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
alright, looks i needed just bit more coffee to get my brain rolling.

i found where i was wrong.
what i did was putting down ath0, putting ath0 in monitor mode using iwconfig and bring ath0 up again.

That would crash everything, probably conflicting with other settings.

Proper way is to create new interface (in monitor mode) mon0 using iw and remove ath0.

it works for 5mins which is x10 more than before, i'm having some fun with aireplay already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ubiquiti Devices All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: