Airlink101 AR430W/DLINK DIR300 Installation Instructions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
cgigate
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
liemydude wrote:
So I've successfully (i think) flashed 3 ar430w routers that I purchased from fry's. However, none of them work as a router. Is this a common problem or should I not be using these as routers with dd-wrt firmware? I believe I successfully flashed it because I can get into the WebGUI

Ha ha!
all people are using well with DD_WRT on these junks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
liemydude wrote:
So I've successfully (i think) flashed 3 ar430w routers that I purchased from fry's. However, none of them work as a router. Is this a common problem or should I not be using these as routers with dd-wrt firmware? I believe I successfully flashed it because I can get into the WebGUI

I've flashed six of these routers and I haven't had any issues at all. They all function correctly and well -- hell, they seem to function better than my Linksys WRT54G that I had prior. My radio signal is definitly stronger with this AR430W. With my laptop sitting about two feet from my Linksys I would never get more than 75% and now with this AR430W I get 100% anywhere in the same room.

I will be attempting to set up two as repeaters in the near future, but as of yet I haven't had any time to fiddle with bridge/repeating.

I did have a problem with DD-WRT when I choose to use HTTPS only for admin -- on the Wireless tab the HTML gets horked and I have to reset the router to get back into the web UI to revert back to HTTP admin. I'm not entirely sure that is the fault of the AR430W, tho.
palmboy5
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
You guys make me feel like I have too few of these things XD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Flashed a 5 volt version today that I got at Fry's for $15... worked like a charm, thanks for the instructions!

EDIT...

The router seems stable from a "passing traffic" perspective (I am using it now) but the web configuration daemon seems to crap out after several hours of use. Telnet still works fine. Weird.
formula1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just flashed a 5-volt version I got from Fry's for $15 couple weeks ago. No problem with wireless or Att DSL modem so far.

Thanks a lot for the instruction, thisisunsane. Saved me lots of time.
ffury10
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 21:20    Post subject: Need help Reply with quote
I have followed tutorial up when you load ap61.ram in redboot. At this point I changed IP to 192.168.1.23 and try to connect with putty.
At this point putty cant connect. I do not think that my tftp server is running or configured correctly.

Is there a commandline test for the tftp server?

Did xinetd need to be configure further at installation?

Was the tftp document I creared in /etc/xinetd.d just a txt file or was it suppose to be .conf
antigravityhero
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have found that this router seems a bit more stable if you disable the traffic counter daemon and telnet daemon. Doing so, it has run for several days with heavy traffic and no issues.
paldo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 0:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
antigravityhero wrote:
I have found that this router seems a bit more stable if you disable the traffic counter daemon and telnet daemon. Doing so, it has run for several days with heavy traffic and no issues.

will you please post a step by step on how to disable it please.
paldo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:18    Post subject: great instruction Reply with quote
thanks to your instruction. I have flash 3 of my AR430W with ease.
uslacker99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 20:54    Post subject: Airlink 101 running v24 Reply with quote
I'm running DD-WRT v24 on my Airlink 101 AR430w and it runs beautifully.

Firmware: DD-WRT v24 (05/20/0Cool std

I enabled these:
Use DNSMasq for DHCP
Use DNSMasq for DNS
DHCP-Authoritative

I'm not sure I had to, but I couldn't get an IP address on my WAN without it. I'm not using my Airlink for DHCP for my LAN - I've a separate DHCP/DNS server, so that may make a difference. I'll find out soon enough when I move that physical server off.

The only issue I have now is that sometimes, I lose the http service on the router and I need to reboot it, which makes me unable to manage it, but I can still ssh in and reboot it, so I'm okay with that.
rwong48
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:33    Post subject: trouble in redboot Reply with quote
ok, after several hours i've gotten to the point of ripping my head out and finally resorting to posting.

I do everything up until powering on the router with the reset button held down. I do it. a SINGLE packet returns successfully before I get "ping: sendmsg: Network is unreachable" - and then that happens for 30 or so packets before it finally starts working (I'm supposing it's start-up time.)

I then use putty to get in and I get into RedBoot, so that's ok. but when I load ap61.ram, this is what I get:

Code:
RedBoot> load ap61.ram
Using default protocol (TFTP)
__udp_sendto: Can't find address of server
Can't load 'ap61.ram': some sort of network error

I've carefully done every instruction and checked myself over and over and I still can't figure out why this is happening. It looks like there's something wrong with my tftp configuration but I just did what the instructions did.. so I'm going crazy over this right now.

also, step (4) and (a) right below it are extremely misleading.
rwong48
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
seeing how the load was unsuccessful... no.

i tried anyways - nothing.
wakkow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 19:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
The directions worked fine for me, and it's been running fine for about two weeks now. The only problem is that the web daemon seems to crash after a while (days?) and I can't get it to load again unless I reboot the router. Not an issue since I rarely need to get into there. I saw both 430 and 431 models at Fry's in the same pile but I don't know which one is more successful than the other.
playdrums
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:06    Post subject: worked on OS X Reply with quote
I had no problem getting these directions to work on OS X. I installed putty via macports. Everything just worked as directed. Web daemon does seem to crash but otherwise it has performed better than my previous netgear router.
thisisunsane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
wakkow wrote:
The only problem is that the web daemon seems to crash after a while (days?) and I can't get it to load again unless I reboot the router.

I have a similar problem, re: the web admin interface. Other than that, this thing works like a charm. One time I came home and found all the lights illuminated solid and the network was unresponsive. I just reset it and I had no further issue.

I do use one as a repeater and occasionally all the lights illuminate solid, the networking goes down, and I just reset it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: