2 Routers + openvpn + Chromecast help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Draknoid
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:43    Post subject: 2 Routers + openvpn + Chromecast help Reply with quote
Hey, I have a problem where I can't connect my chromecast to my router(Ddwrt).

Here is my setup
Main router ZyXEL EMG2926 (from ISP) (local ip is 192.168.0.1)
Second router TP-Link Archer C7
(AC1750) Ddwrt most recent firmware with openvpn (fresh install all I did was setup the access point and followed this https://www.vpnunlimitedapp.com/help/manuals/dd-wrt-open-vpn-configuration-guide) (local ip is 192.168.1.1)

Now if I connect to ap 1 I'm not using openvpn and things work (Chromecast used to be on here)
If I connect to ap 2 things still work as in I can browse the internet through my VPN. But I can't get my chromecast to connect to either of the ap of router 2 2.4 or 5ghz.

Update: seems like it's a security issue I tried removing the security on my 2.4ghz ap and it works. I'm not sure why wpa2 personal is not working

Update 2 : seems like I was using wpa2 personal with sha256 and it didn't like that so I switched to plain old wpa2 personal.

Now I do have another problem the signal from my Ddwrt router seems weak
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: