below half gigabit speeds with SFE enabled

Beakwood
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:57    Post subject: below half gigabit speeds with SFE enabled Reply with quote
I'm having complications with my throughput. I had been using Openwrt for a while getting about 810mbps. But I figured to return with my news speeds and tryout on DD-WRT. I'm only getting 390 for download and sometimes 420 for upload. This is without any QoS or anything. Specifications are using an APU2E4 router board that can be viewed at the following link

https://pcengines.ch/apu2e4.htm

I don't mind the hit to bandwidth, but would at least be able to use roughly 500-600mbps.

I'm also running DD-WRT via USB with: DD-WRT v3.0-r43845 (07/18/20)

Thanks.

EDIT:

Seems it was "Windows being Windows". As I had to reboot my PC in order to get the full speeds whereas, I was rebooting the router only. As I had done a speedtest and seen I was getting over 560mbps on wireless. This is when I noticed it was possibly the PC. As I didn't reboot the PC after installing the firmware.
Sponsor
flood404
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes windows is known to do this. I seen where people complain all the time where their pc was only connected to the network by Ethernet. There speeds were only 600Mbps tops. But someone told them to boot Linux on a live USB stick and run the same test and it was running 940Mbps. Microsoft needs to fix their o/s yet. I am running Build 2004 of Windows 10 and I seen some bugs with the O/s already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> X86 based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: