Linksys WRT54GS V5 - LAN and WAN ports not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, so. Is your existing router going to be your dhcp server for the entire network, or are you going to double NAT with the WRT54*?

If you are setting wan to auto-dhcp in gateway mode, your WRT54* should be in a different subnet, i.e. 192.168.2.x; If you are configuring in router mode, wan disabled and assigned to switch and dhcp turned off on the WRT54*, then the router should have a static IP assigned in the same subnet as the main router, outside of the dhcp server's served IP range.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_access_point

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switch

The only other thing I can think of is if your ethernet ports got completely borked or the driver is not loading.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Sponsor
smyrna2020
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your response.
I am aware that I would need to configure the router on a different subnet.
Aside of configuring the router to work on my existing network, my only concern is getting the LAN ports to work.
I need to be able to access the router through the LAN ports before I can do anything else. From the first time I flashed the firmware I have only been able to access the router through a WIFI connection. I just need your help in getting access to the router through the LAN ports.
Thanks.
daniel.weck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
smyrna2020 wrote:
Thanks for your response.
I am aware that I would need to configure the router on a different subnet.
Aside of configuring the router to work on my existing network, my only concern is getting the LAN ports to work.
I need to be able to access the router through the LAN ports before I can do anything else. From the first time I flashed the firmware I have only been able to access the router through a WIFI connection. I just need your help in getting access to the router through the LAN ports.
Thanks.

Yep, same problem here Sad

I read the doc, to no avail (WRT54GL 1.1)

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switch

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
On what build? It seems nobody ever followed up and I didn't see any advice to do an nvram erase && reboot via telnet or ssh at any point in this thread. If you have tried every suggestion in this thread to correct it and it is still broken, then we can try to figure this out by doing the things below.

If you can connect via wifi, check "Setup -> Networking" tab in webUI to see if the proper interfaces are assigned to br0 as well as "Setup -> Switch Config" (or VLANs) tab to see if that is all correct. If everything looks correct and syslog and klog are enabled, please provide output of 'cat /var/log/messages', 'dmesg', 'nvram show' (see earlier posts in this thread or swtiched ports wiki), and 'ifconfig' at the very least in a text file attached to your post. At that point, I can contact the developer about this.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
daniel.weck
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
On what build? It seems nobody ever followed up and I didn't see any advice to do an nvram erase && reboot via telnet or ssh at any point in this thread. If you have tried every suggestion in this thread to correct it and it is still broken, then we can try to figure this out by doing the things below.

If you can connect via wifi, check "Setup -> Networking" tab in webUI to see if the proper interfaces are assigned to br0 as well as "Setup -> Switch Config" (or VLANs) tab to see if that is all correct. If everything looks correct and syslog and klog are enabled, please provide output of 'cat /var/log/messages', 'dmesg', 'nvram show' (see earlier posts in this thread or swtiched ports wiki), and 'ifconfig' at the very least in a text file attached to your post. At that point, I can contact the developer about this.

Thank you for the guidance! Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: