Joined: 16 Nov 2015 Posts: 4528 Location: UK, London, just across the river..
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 14:54 Post subject: New Build - 07-09-2020-r43718
[WARNING]: This thread is only for feedback on this beta release for developers and the community's benefit.
DO NOT flash this beta release unless you understand the risks involved and specific device recovery methods.
Avoid discussions! Create threads for questions, general problems or use search; this thread is not for support.
Please list router model & revision, operating & wireless mode(s) and exact filename/firmware image flashed.
• CVE-2019-14899 VPN fix (applicability depends on VPN setup) and GUI toggle. 6920, 6928, 6931, 6932 (WIP 7040)
• In-kernel Samba has been implemented this year and default min/max versions have changed 6954, 6957, with WSD support.
• VAP issue is fixed! For any Wireless Mode, create a VAP and both ath0/ath1 should now function properly.
• Local DNS option removed from Services->DNSMasq in changesets 43080 and 43081; ref: #7092
• DHCP and DNS help (English) updated in 43083; ref: #7091
• WireGuard 1.0.20200623: PBR, Kill Switch, Inbound Firewall, Naming of Peers, Status, Key, Guides. Thanks egc!
• There may be remaining issues for Samba (for example NTFS), with frequent updates.
• If reporting issues provide applicable info: 'dmesg', 'cat /tmp/var/log/messages', syslog/serial output, strace etc.
• For firewall issues provide 'iptables -L', 'iptables -t nat -L' and the /tmp/.ipt file.
• Search existing SVN tickets before opening a new one. Before reporting, reset and manually setup (no nvram backup).
• Be sure to include operating and wireless modes (Gateway, AP, CB, etc.) along with relevant configuration information.
Joined: 24 Feb 2013 Posts: 1523 Location: Belgrade
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 21:36 Post subject:
just a small hint, starting 43728 BS added debug infos which will show what are the client requests. so you can see if the client is wrong or the server... e.g. if you set min/max protocol to SMB3 on the server side (ddwrt) and your client wants SMB2 or LANMAN1 you will see in logs... in addition don't try 3.11 on linux if your linux isn't 4.17 or higher https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/LinuxCIFSKernel#4.17_Kernel_.2856_changesets.29
and allways check from cli don't use nautilus or dolphin...
Joined: 08 May 2018 Posts: 10154 Location: Texas, USA
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:30 Post subject:
Router/Version: TP-Link TLWR1043ND V2.1
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43718 std (07/09/20)
Kernel: Linux 3.18.140-d5 #83467 Thu Jul 9 03:47:09 +04 2020 mips
Issues/Errors: The normal startup commands to enable vlans and fix ethernet port isolation makes the router unresponsive. Still have to test to see if the ports are isolated without startup commands.
login as: root
Pre-authentication banner message from server:
| DD-WRT v3.0-r43718 std (c) 2020 NewMedia-NET GmbH
| Release: 07/09/20
| Board: TP-Link WR1043ND V2
End of banner message from server
root@TL-WR1043NDv2:~# swconfig list
Found: switch0 - ag71xx-mdio.0
root@TL-WR1043NDv2:~# swconfig dev switch0 show
arl_table: address resolution table
Port 0: MAC e8:de:27:f6:f4:ef
Port 4: MAC c4:65:16:22:50:58
Port 5: MAC 24:f5:a2:2f:a2:08
Port 5: MAC 9c:34:26:44:d5:4f
Port 6: MAC e8:de:27:f6:f4:ef
The only sure way to have a faster internet connection when using a VPN is to use Wireguard as it uses the faster Kernel of your router to encrypt packets. Only a few VPN providers actually offer this service currently to be able to use on a DDWRT, so I use Keep Solid. You can get a lifetime subscription atm...
Joined: 13 Aug 2013 Posts: 6198 Location: Romerike, Norway
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 16:37 Post subject:
Router: Netgear R7800
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r43720 std (07/09/20)
Kernel: Linux 4.9.230-rc1 #600 SMP Wed Jul 8 13:37:48 +03 2020 armv7l
Errors: DHCP6C eth0 must be manually executed after startup to get a PD. Started somewhere in the spring.